Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
So good you must come back

I’ve never cared for wine but I find The variety of meads are so tasty. Every time we come we find... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
wndblws
Millsboro, Delaware
via mobile
The Best Mead!

Amazing mead including dry, carbonated, sweet, and semi-sweet. By far the best mead I’ve ever had... read more

Reviewed November 23, 2018
bjackson1797
Baltimore, Maryland
via mobile

All reviews fire pit mead hall on tap meads viking sweeter ancient samples growler lewes delaware
Reviewed April 26, 2018

I've been a fan of Jon Talkington's mead for many years, so I was delighted to read in the paper that he was starting his own meadery. I finally got a chance to visit it when my sister was in for a visit, and I'm pleased to say that the mead is every bit as excellent as when I first had it. The various meads are not just sweet meads--there is a variety of sweet and dry, some are blended with various fruits, and some even are blended with hops. In other words, there is something for everyone. Brimming Horn Meadery is well worth the trip, wherever you're from. And guess what? They'll also ship it to you if you're not from Delaware! You can't go wrong.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018

This building was unassuming as we drove up to it--but, the energized and good spirited staff treated us like royalty with their friendliness and knowledge. It seemed everything had a delightful history which was shared.
The meads were distinct and favorable--order the sampling, and it will be arranged in such a way to make the tastings more remarkable.
We look forward to returning in the summer, to relax by a fire pit in the yard!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

A unique stop for anyone looking to experience the ancient brew mead. A great tasting room and a chance to learn about the brewing of mead from a local expert.
Unlike anything you have probably had, this honey based drink is not a wine nor a beer but something different. Sample the many varieties and I'm sure you will find something to your liking.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed January 18, 2018

The Brimming Horn Meadery was a *wonderful* experience! Every mead I sampled was unique and delicious. The Norse decor was warm, lively, and fun. I felt like I was in an old-fashioned mead hall! :) The staff were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. My only complaint was that I couldn't buy everything I tasted!

I will be back, and I'll be bringing more friends to share in the fun!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank 16Artemis
Reviewed January 15, 2018

This meadery serves a unique selection of meads (alcoholic beverage made from honey). They had a total of 11 available for tasting and by the glass when I was there, with about 6-7 available for purchase in bottles. In addition to traditional meads like Golden Tears (dry) and Freya's Kiss (semi-sweet) they also had a variety of more unusual flavors. The one that surprised me the most was Wolf Peach, made with green tomatoes. The place is decorated beautifully with Norse themes and the owner and staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They're located very close to Lewes, DE and about an hour away from Ocean City, MD.

Date of experience: January 2018