Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
The Best Mead!

Amazing mead including dry, carbonated, sweet, and semi-sweet. By far the best mead I’ve ever had... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
bjackson1797
Baltimore, Maryland
via mobile
Viking Weekend

We've made 2 trips now to Brimming Horn and each was a fabulous experience! All of the meads... read more

Reviewed June 11, 2018
Tracy W
Salisbury, United States

All reviews fire pit mead hall on tap meads viking sweeter ancient samples growler lewes delaware
Reviewed February 19, 2018

This building was unassuming as we drove up to it--but, the energized and good spirited staff treated us like royalty with their friendliness and knowledge. It seemed everything had a delightful history which was shared.
The meads were distinct and favorable--order the sampling, and it will be arranged in such a way to make the tastings more remarkable.
We look forward to returning in the summer, to relax by a fire pit in the yard!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

A unique stop for anyone looking to experience the ancient brew mead. A great tasting room and a chance to learn about the brewing of mead from a local expert.
Unlike anything you have probably had, this honey based drink is not a wine nor a beer but something different. Sample the many varieties and I'm sure you will find something to your liking.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed January 18, 2018

The Brimming Horn Meadery was a *wonderful* experience! Every mead I sampled was unique and delicious. The Norse decor was warm, lively, and fun. I felt like I was in an old-fashioned mead hall! :) The staff were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. My only complaint was that I couldn't buy everything I tasted!

I will be back, and I'll be bringing more friends to share in the fun!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank 16Artemis
Reviewed January 15, 2018

This meadery serves a unique selection of meads (alcoholic beverage made from honey). They had a total of 11 available for tasting and by the glass when I was there, with about 6-7 available for purchase in bottles. In addition to traditional meads like Golden Tears (dry) and Freya's Kiss (semi-sweet) they also had a variety of more unusual flavors. The one that surprised me the most was Wolf Peach, made with green tomatoes. The place is decorated beautifully with Norse themes and the owner and staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They're located very close to Lewes, DE and about an hour away from Ocean City, MD.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Lyria2
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

We have visited a couple times. My hubby really likes the mead served here and we have bought a few bottles to bring home. Staff is friendly. They don’t really talk to you about the flavors or what goes into each one or the process like you get at wine tastings. They are fairly new so I’m not sure that they anticipated how popular they would be. Both times we have been here they were out of flavors or out of growlers. It would be nice to be able to bring all of the ones we tasted there and liked home but they don’t bottle them all. Hopefully the next visit they will be restocked on growlers. Check it out the next time you visit Rehoboth or Lewes. It’s not that far.

Date of experience: December 2017