“great”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Millsboro
Gardners, Pennsylvania
“great”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I went to the hotel with my family and we were treated real kindly.We got to the room and they were very clean.There was great family restaurants nearby,and the breakfast was pretty good.The pool was very clean and well taken care of.The nice thing I really liked was that it was dog friendly and they didn't charge you until you checked out.I would recommendthis hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lovelyshueyy
atlanticGM, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2010
We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon and remember to bring a print out of your trip advisor review for a discount.

The Atlantic Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Delhi, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My family enjoyed our stay very much as we did last year also. The staff were friendly, the hotel was clean and presentable, and we all loved the pool!! After the long days exploring Delaware and Maryland, heading back to our room to relax, sleep, or to go for a swim was nice to look forward to!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jaybone85
atlanticGM, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Thank you for your kind words. We pride ourselves on meeting and exceeding our guests expectations. We look forward to seeing you next year.
Georgetown, Delaware
Reviewed May 13, 2010

We booked the entire hotel for a World Series softball tournament. The hotel staff was very accomodating for the entire week, and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Persons from around the world commented on how perfect the hotel and accomodations were for our needs! The beds were VERY comfortable - even after a week of sleeping in a hotel, we were still able to say we had restful, comfortable sleep every night! We, the tournament personnel and guests, HIGHLY recommend this hotel for group bookings!

Stayed August 2009
2 Thank twyatt1556
atlanticGM, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2010
Thank you, twyatt, for taking the time to submit a review. We had a wonderful time working with the World Series Tournament and look forward to welcoming you back again this year.

I am delighted to hear that you and your group had a comfortable stay and look forward to delivering the same level of service this year.

Nelson Correa
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We travel all the time and this would have to be the worst we have ever stayed in and the only one that I feel the need to warn others about. When we arrived of course there were no other cars. That should have been our first clue. Tried to cancel to go to a cleaner hotel and the woman was VERY RUDE! We were staying two days and were willing to tolerate the first day and wanted to atleast cancel the second day and we couldn't without being charged. The rooms were nasty. We purchased our own bedding because it looked like someone had already sleep in our bed. The bathrooms were even worse. Never once saw a cleaning service. You couldn't even hang out by the pool to get away from the nastiness because of the cow manure smell that they used on the field behind the hotel for fertilizer. Guest below us were allowed to party all night even after we complained. I am all for having a good time but the constant screaming and the profanity that was allowed makes this hotel not family friendly!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank jennwcdc24
Thank you, jennwcdc24, for taking the time to offer your feedback on our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible experience for our guests and I’m disappointed to hear you feel we fell short of that. If you indeed had these issues while you were our guest, I would have hoped you would have given the hotel an opportunity to verify and rectify your complaints. Since you and I have not had a conversation, it’s tough to respond to your criticism. That being said, I can only give you the facts about how we operate.
Regarding the lack of cars on property, I would imagine it would depend on what time of day you arrived at the hotel. Most of our guests are corporate travelers and yes, between about 8am and 7pm, the parking lot is mostly empty. That’s nothing out of the norm.
As far as any room complaints, again, I wish you had taken the time to approach the Front Desk or myself directly so we could have rectified any inconsistencies in our service and product. I will add however, that housekeeping has not reported any additional bedding left or pre-stripped rooms. This was the first item I checked on after your feedback was left.
Regarding the cancellation policy, I hope you didn’t mistake not being able to cancel your reservation with being rude. As explained when everyone books their reservation, the hotel has a 48 hour cancellation policy. There are only two women on the Front Desk staff and both have an excellent customer service record and receive positive comment cards each week. It would seem very out of character for either of them to be considered rude or unaccommodating.
With regards to the pool, that is correct. You would not have been able to hang out by the outdoor pool as it doesn’t open until closer to the summer season. It would not be safe to give guests access to an area where they could be harmed. The cow manure smell, however, is entirely possible as once every spring the fields nearby the hotel are treated. This is unavoidable and is certainly not a fault of the hotel.
Lastly, regarding the screaming, this too could have easily been rectified with a call to the hotel’s Front Desk. While we can’t control how people behave, we can certainly do something about it once it’s brought to our attention.
Again, I’m very sorry if this was truly your experience at our hotel - I would love an opportunity to have more information on this from you. As I mentioned before, we pride ourselves on the service and product we provide and it’s through feedback from TripAdvisor that it helps us improve. Thank you again.

Respectfully,
Nelson P Correa
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I was traveling alone on business and Millsboro was the most convenient place to stay. I was not expecting much but my experience there was great. Very friendly desk staff and my room was clean and spacious and enjoyed the free breakfast the next morning. The pool was closed but it looked nice. Will come back next summer with my family, we can stay in Millsboro for about half the price of what the beach hotels cost and still be close to the beach!

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Misty2446
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We decided to head down to Ocean City a night early on a whim but due to several hours of construction traffic Delaware failed to give any warning of, we were beaten by midnight and looking for a place to rest. We tried a no-name motel, but they were closed. Comfort Inn was open, but the receptionist was chatting on the phone and wouldn't recognize us or the girl waiting ahead of us. We moved on and came to this place. Looked good. Was open. Reasonable rates. Very comfortable rest. Even a bit of cold breakfast.
Totally recommend for anyone looking to stay about 30min NW of OC.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dover, De
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Beware of booking this motel. We had planned on spending the night at the beach area and were looking forward to it, however my husband was called into work suddenly and we tried to cancel our booking. Sally at the desk was very rude and told us there was a 48 hour cancellation policy and we would have to pay for the room regardless. I was very disappointed in their attitude. We didn't just cancel because we found something better or cheaper, but because of work. In this economy we are grateful to have a job and be able to get away occasionlly, but with that attitude we will NEVER stay there again. Plans change all of the time due to no fault of our own, and I would think a motel would understand that.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tpandbud
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millsboro
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Hampton Inn Seaford
Hampton Inn Seaford
#1 of 6 in Seaford
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#15 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Atlantic Inn? Share your experiences!