“Great Room for Sports at the Beach Tournament”
Review of Atlantic Inn

Atlantic Inn
and 1 more site!
Atlantic Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Millsboro
Vienna, Virginia, United States
“Great Room for Sports at the Beach Tournament”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you are looking for a clean room with basic amenities that is close to SATB, this is the place. Baseball travel team week-end so no need to be close to the beach. Atlantic Inn met our needs and our budget!!! Rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly. And being 8 miles away from the field was even better. FYI: if you did want to see the beach and boardwalk, only a 30 min drive.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Mary Jane P
Brenda L, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our property a great review. We really appreciate it and the staff thanks you, we always enjoy any feed back. If you are planning any more ball touraments please keep us in mind. Again thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 4, 2013

stayed at this hotel for bike weekend in sept last year it was first time and we thought it might be to far out but it is perfect you ride into Maryland and then stop at all the other things going on and ride back to hotel in a big loop . hotel parking lot big enough for bike trailers and it is away from all the party noise just don't forget helmet must have for maryland

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brenda L, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review. We appreciate the comments and always like good things said about our property. We look forward to your return next time and would like to thank you again for your time.
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 17, 2013

After reading the mixed reviews we approached this budget motel with some hesitation but went ahead and were glad we did. Not sure what all the fuss is about in the reviews. The room was basic but immaculately clean, which is our top priority. The beds and pillows were quite comfortable and the a.c. worked fine. Bathroom was very roomy and sparkling clean with lots of towels. Free wi-fi. The outdoor pool and patio was also very clean and we were the only ones using it. The breakfast was basically some sugary pastries but we did find some English muffins to go with our coffee. Despite this being the height of the beach season the motel was quiet and did not seem to be that full. It is a 20 minute country drive to Rehoboth, which we didn't mind since we avoided the noise and partiers at the similarly priced beachside motels. We would definitely stay here again on future beach trips.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kathryn M
Brenda L, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate all comments and we were glad you had a good stay. I will make sure the staff knows about your comments, they
like to hear any good news especially after a long busy season. We hope to see you again and thank you again.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Terrible bussiness! Took my card and reserved the room however when we showed up the room had been given away. They said the card didn't work. I had used the card all day after reserving the room. They were rude and did not care. They had my phone number and didn't call me to say it wasn't reserved. Horrible service and I will never go there again! Also not close to beach and near prison!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lwrcas
Brenda L, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
In your review you stated that we are not near the beach, we do not advertise that we are near the beach. We are a budget hotel that offers an alternative location so people can have a less expensive stay then those offered at the beach. We held your room till late in the evening and since the card was declined we had no other option then to release the room and sell it to someone else. I am sorry that your room was not held but that is the policy of all hotels. As for the prison location it is 10 miles from our hotel.
Galloway, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

A great place to stay, clean, friendly employees, close to everything, very accommodating. Pool area clean. Do not believe the bad reviews. The hotel was clean and well maintained. They offer a continental breakfast, for a short stay it was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Debbie G
Brenda L, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next stay. Thank you again.
Spring City, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family and other families for the USSSA (Softball) World Series. I was concerned when we arrived at the individuals that were loitering outside of their respective rooms, smoking and drinking in full view of the girls. I also dismissed the peeling paper in our rooms, and the bugs that were incessant, especially in the singular small bathroom. I dismissed the 8 construction workers leering outside at 5AM when I went to get coffee at the WaWa across the street. I also dismissed the sudden "failure" of my daughter's room to lock, necessitating a call to the maintenance man, who suggested that he would have to "fix" the battery. I could not, however, dismiss the fact that a little girl on our team was robbed of $300+ of cash and gift cards by that very same maintenance man - who admitted to the police that he was granted access and entry to the room by the assigned maid, rifled through the drawers and stole said items. I travel extensively for work, and have stayed at 5 star hotels as well as those hotels where I have had to sleep with a chair bolting the door closed. This was a most unpleasant experience, equaled only by the failure of the staff to recognize and address the urgent nature of the issue.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan F
Chris B, Director of Operations at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you, Susan F, for taking the time to share your feedback. I was naturally disappointed you were unhappy with your experience at our hotel which is why we permitted the group to leave for closer accommodations to your event - at least this is the reason your group told us you wanted to leave. I'll add this was also before the incident you referred to at the end of your review. I'm sorry you didn't share your concerns with your specific guest room until using this public forum, but we are now aware and can work to improve the situation for future guests.
Again, I only wish you had shared your concerns about the wallpaper, bugs(?) and "leering" guests so we could have addressed them proactively, versus reactively. Wallpaper is surely an easy fix and we would have been happy to address that. This is the first I've heard of any bugs - I do wish you would have elaborated on that as we have contracted preventative treatment (by Ehrlich) every month and would report any oddities for immediate remediation. As far as "leering" hotel guests, unfortunately they were just as entitled to "loiter" outside their rooms as your girls/children, or another other guests, would be. If potentially predatory behavior by the other paying guests was a concern, I would hope you asked the girls to remain in their room or perhaps use other hotel facilities so not to be "leered" upon. If their behavior, verbiage or actions were more sinister or invasive, the Front Desk and/or management needs to be made aware immediately to address.
Lastly, you are mostly correct about an extremely serious incident involving a newly hired maintenance man. There was indeed a theft, and was admitted to by this new hire as a result of the hotel having called the police. It goes without saying this person has been terminated from employment with our hotel. The victim was returned all of her belongings and as additional compensation the parents were refunded their entire stay.
To clarfiy the fragmented information you provided, I wanted to share these additional facts. First, the hotel conducts background checks to determine eligibility for employment. This gentleman's record was clear. Secondly, it was the hotel who called the police to report and investigate the incident, not the guests. The hotel was just as eager to get to the bottom of the situation as was the guest impacted. I have personally followed up with the guest to express our sincerest apologies, and to reaffirm our position that we will support whatever legal action the guest wants to take against this former employee (it is our hope they will follow through with action). Unfortunately, since the hotel was not the victim, we cannot engage legal action on the guests behalf. You felt the hotel was negligent in our recognition and addressing of this situation, but I would be curious to know what you felt the hotel could have done differently to react to this situation? Employee theft has never been an issue for our hotel so this is indeed a training opportunity for us as well - we would welcome suggestions you have for what you feel would have been an appropriate response.
Again, thank you for your feedback. While I wish it were more positive, you have given us your areas of concern and we can work to address them immediately for future guest satisfaction. I hope your team had great success in the tournament and I wish you safe travels!

Chris Berg
Director of Operations
Georgetown, Delaware
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed at the Atlantic Inn in May of 2013 for an extended period. The room did not seem so bad at first, but there were little tiny bugs in my bed every night, the walls were paper thin so we could hear everything that went on in the rooms surrounding ours, including when the people upstairs were using the toilet. The hotel was priced as if it was close to the beach, however it is nowhere near it so the fact that they charge "seasonal rates" is outrageous. Every time I opened the curtains to the room there was someone peeping in and the manager, Brenda, was incredibly rude. I would not stay here again and I would NOT recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.