“Not even near the Atlantic Ocean”
Review of Atlantic Inn

Atlantic Inn
and 1 more site!
Atlantic Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Millsboro
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Not even near the Atlantic Ocean”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Don't be fooled by the title. It is not near the beach. If you want to stay there it is a 15-20 miles to the beach if you care to drive thru the majorly congested roads back and forth. The place is not very appealing. Blah and boring... No privacy unless you draw your curtains shut and then your in the dark room. Lots of kids carrying on high, running around the place. The front desk people are oblivous to it. They are in the front in their own building so they don't see it or care to. The breakfast is extremely modest in the AM .... they don't clean up much after people leave their tables they rather just stand around the desk and chat. Pass it up if you want to have a nice spot to vacation. If you into letting your kids go wild then do drop in .... you will fit right in!

Room Tip: It may be best to have a room on the end near the parking lot to get away from other travelors
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank linda c
atlanticGM, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw on our property. We do like to get feed back from the guest. You stated that we are not near the Ocean. We do not advertise that we are near the ocean. We are a convenient location for guest who do not like paying the higher rates that come with staying near the ocean and for guest who do not mind the 21 mile drive to get to the ocean. I was sorry to hear that there were kids distrubing your stay, we always respond when guest notify the desk that there is a problem. It is hard to know of a problem if no one lets us know. Again thank you for taking the time to post the review and many safe travels to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bear, Delaware
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is just fine for someone passing through, as we were. Room was clean. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Didn't try the pool. All in all, this hotel was a Days Inn at a higher price. Don't take this as a complaint. I liked staying here but would have liked it a lot better at about $30 cheaper. Unless I can run into a special I probably will look for somewhere else next time.

1 Thank threepercenter
atlanticGM, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your comments and it does help us to make our property better. We were glad you enjoyed your stay and at this time of the year the rates are higher due to summer demand. We try and keep our rates in line so people have another choice from the beach properties which are considerably higher rates than ours. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The owners are great and the rates can't be beat. The rooms were very worn and could use some repairs. The a/c was loud. The beds were pretty bouncy. Reminded of places I stayed as a kid. While nostalgic its not what I am typically looking for.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Tikitwinsdad
atlanticGM, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all comments made by our guests. We are glad you found the staff friendly. I will be sure to pass this information along to the staff. We are a budget friendly hotel and we realize we do not have some ammenities like the Brand hotels but we do offer clean rooms and a convenient location. We hope to see you again if you are in our area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My friends and I stayed overnight at the Atlantic Inn to get an early start on our Rehoboth beach day. After reading the reviews and seeing fantastic mid-week rate for a place only a 30-minute drive from the beach I decided it was worth a try. I'd read that GPS directions weren'ty reliable once you get close and it was true but one call to the front desk and Sally had us back on track and at the hotel within 5 minutes. Once there she greeted us with an outstanding smile and quick friendly service. The price actually was lower than I anticipated. Bonus!

Of course the decor is up to 4-star standards but it's clean and the service alone makes this place a "must remember" the next time I need to stay overnight near Rehoboth.

Room Tip: Make sure to call once you get onto Dupont Blvd to get directions because GPS will take you past it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
atlanticGM, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate all comments. I will make sure I pass along your comments to our staff. Please have a great rest of summer and if you are in our area please stop back. Thank you again.
Havre de Grace, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2012

There was food from a previous tenant, half eaten, in the refrigerator. The bathroom was filthy and the toilet didn't work without opening up the back and pulling the chain manually. Oh my, it WAS scary to stick my hand into the back of THAT toilet. No housekeeping staff available so they gave us another room. That one was almost as bad. Stale smell in room, Bedspreads smelled like body odor. No coffee pot, no clock, TV remote on and off didn't work. The "continental breakfast advertised was pathetic. This place reeks (pardon the pun) of an older place that someone bought just to take everything they can OUT of it for minimal investment. I spoke to the manager this morning who offered to have her staff move us to another room AGAIN. No thanks. I have asked them to really clean and change all of the linens while I am out today. I should get a refund of the first night but none was offered. I am in town, looking at properties for a summer/retirement home. Not looking for fancy, just clean, neat and convenient.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms and it is every bit as expensive as nicer chains in the area.
2 Thank Dorothy Anne E
Brenda L, General Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback on TripAdvisor. We were sorry your experience didn't live up to the expeciation we strive to give all guests. We do not market this property as anything other than what it is..a budget friendly clean, basic hotel with popular amenities such as our outdoor pool, free wifi, free continental breakfast. Our breakfast is a continental breakfast and what we offer is a little more than continental. Other brand hotels have a larger selection but their rates justify this. We do strive to have clean rooms and I was sorry that there were items left in the refrigerator, usually this is not an issue but sometimes things happen. I did inspect the room you were first assigned and found the toliet working properly so I am not sure what the problem was at the time. Again I am sorry your experience was not up to your standards and I do hope you have more enjoyable travels in the future.
Gardners, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 5, 2012

we went back in 2011 and loved it but one problem was someone tried to come in our room.thankfully our door was locked.but other than that great experience.we stayed in july

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I am writing this review while staying at this hotel. I travel for work frequently and typically avoid these non-chain hotels for a reason and this stay just confirms this! I'm only here because of a wedding nearby and no other hotel options within a reasonable drive. I made a reservation several months ago and requested a ground floor pool side room with double queen beds, small refrigerator and microwave since we are traveling with small kids. When I checked in I was given a room on the ground floor but facing a dumpster which smells, however the room smells like cat pee. The rooms are very dated and in need of a massive renovation.
Our room has beds for 4 people, however only was stocked with 3 towels and 2 wash cloths and 1 hand towel? The beds are uncomfortable, pillows are flat and the rooms don't have irons or ironing boards? No hair dryer either? If you want an iron or hair dryer you can sign them out at the office. Hopefully I won't have any more weddings in this area requiring use of this hotel.
The continental breakfast

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Harley S
Brenda L, Manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to submit feedback on Trip Advisor. We take all comments seriously and I am sorry your experience did not live up to the expectation we strive to give all guests. We do not market this property as anything other than what it is. A budget friendly basic hotel. I know most hotels have more amenities in their rooms but we do offer hair dryers and irons and ironing boards available at our front desk. I am sorry you did not get a room located exactly where you wanted but we do try and locate everyone in the type of room that their reservation was for, we also have double beds in our rooms and not queens which is not offered. I want to thank you for your response and it does give us imput what others are viewing about the property. If you are in our area again please give us another try and we will certainly try and make sure to meet your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millsboro
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Brick Hotel On The Circle
Brick Hotel On The Circle
#2 of 4 in Georgetown
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Georgetown
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#18 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Seaford
Hampton Inn Seaford
#1 of 6 in Seaford

Been to Atlantic Inn? Share your experiences!