“Now called Texas Grill”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Bridgeport, Pennsylvania
“Now called Texas Grill”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Last time we ate here my meal smelled funny, but I could not figure it out until I was 1/2 done with it.
It finally came to me it was the mash potatoes, they smelled like bleach. I think they didnt wash the pot out before they made them because the potatoes had a bleach smell to them. I informed our waitress who agreed that they did indeed smell like bleach and tasted a little like bleach. she informed the owner who hardly did anything to correct the issue. So this was our last time eating at the establishment.

• Visited May 2011

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,786 helpful votes
“GREAT pizza at GREAT prices, RUDE counter help, Casual but could use updating”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We stopped in here one day after being out on the boat fishing all day. We had our cooler with canned sodas with us and thought we would grab a quick pizza. The place is nothing fancy, just a few tables, a tv and a few arcade games. They have a rack of chips, a soda fountain & a cooler of pre-packaged sodas too. The interior is very casual & could use some sprucing up. It did not appear dirty, but was not sparkling clean either. The restroom was ONE large restroom and it was a bit dark inside too. . By the apperance you would think it was just a dive pizza joint & I was surprised to see that they have actual Italian dinners on the menu that are served with a side of pasta, salad and garlic bread. Some better lighting and some updated renovations would probably do this place some justice

We went inside and ordered a pizza (half plain and half with green peppers & pepperoni) and an order of fries. We were asked IF we were dining in or out. We said IN and were rudely informed by the counter help that we could not bring our canned sodas in. So at 1st we thought we would just get the pizza to-go, but with no outside picnic spots nearby--we finally opted to PURCHASE (2) 20oz bottles of soda in order to dine-in. Note: The same rude counter help rang us up for the sodas. My husband also noticed that they had a sign on the soda cooler that said that the cold 2 liter bottles of soda were for take out ONLY.

Meanwhile, we took a seat at one of the FEW tables (covered with a vinyl tablecloth). The air conditioning was supplied by 2 window air condiioners & one of them was not working. So, it was kind of hot in there being that it was 90 degrees outside that day. As we sat there listening to the sounds of the box AC run and the news droaning on the tv in the background, the counter help looks over & says, "Did you folks decide to dine-in?". NOW HE is getting on my LAST nerve. HE just rang us up for the 20oz bottles of soda AFTER telling us that we had to purchase our sodas there in order to dine-in & that we couldn't bring in our CANNED sodas from our car/cooler. I did snap back at him that it should be obvious that since we BOUGHT our sodas there--we had decided to dine-in!! Now, a lady who was also working there and observes this conversation, comes over to our table & addresses the issue. She was VERY polite & apologized for the counter helps. She said she did not mind IF we brought our sodas in & to do so in the future. She even encouraged us to go get them from the car now (a little late, but the gesture was nice). She encouraged my husband to go get his bottled water from the car, but he declined.

Within about 10-15 minutes our food was out from the kitchen. The same nice lady delivered it to our table (which was only a 2 foot walk from the pizza oven). She was very kind and asked us IF we wanted her to serve us our slices. We declined, but again--she was very polite. The pizza was VERY good. It is probably one of the BEST pizzas in the area. The sauce was sweet and the pepperoni had good flavor. The green peppers were soft, but still a little crunchy--PERFECT! The size of the pizza was LARGE for the price($10.50). The fries were decent--not the best, but not the worst I have had. I would say they were a good value at $2 for a serving large enough for the 3 of us to share.

Overall, the PIZZA was GREAT! I would definately order a pizza from here again. I might opt to get take out in the future, but the kind lady did reassure us that we would not encounter a problem in the future IF we wanted to dine in. The prices are good and the serving sizes large--a great value! I will overlook the RUDE counterhelp this ONE time as it appears this place may be in transition of ownership (to the nice lady).

Note: They do serve more than just pizza. You can also get Italian dishes like lasagna, ravioli, stuffed shells and tortellini. They serve salads, stromboli, pizza, cold subs, hot subs (chicken parmigiana, meatball, sausage, roast beef, flounder parmigiana, veal parmigiana), wings, burgers, club sandwiches, cheesesteaks, chicken tenders, pasta, chicken dishes and some even a few seafood items (steamed clams/shrimp, fried shrimp/calamari, fried flounder, shrimp scampi, shrimp parmigiana). Dessert is available in the form of a canoli.

3 Thank daisyferret1