“Wonderful campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millsboro
Holly Lake Campsites
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Holly Lake is a nice family oriented place to camp. It's not up scale and if what your looking for is to go and do some actual camping holly lake is the place for you. I went with my family and children and the kids had so much fun with the kids games that the campground has on the weekends and they loved swimming in the pool. The entire staff was pleasant and were always ready to help if we needed it. Althought the roads could have been a little better and smoothed out some more. But as I said before if your going camping your not going to want a five star hotel. I would recommend holly lake campsites to anyone who is looking for a nice place to go for a family vacation!
Also the campsite is connected with Nassau Valley Vineyards which have wonderful wine! They were the first vineyard in Delaware and have received many awards!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Badjake

Reviewed August 5, 2010

My family stayed at Holly Lake Campground during our recent trip to the beach. Hotels very expensive and a cabin at Holly Lake turned out to be a fabulous alternative. I was very skeptical about what the conditions might be after reading other reviews on this site but we were more than pleasantly surprised. We rented a 4 person cabin which was very clean and perfectly suited for me, my husband and our two young children. The refrigerator, microwave and air conditioner were a definate plus. The bathhouses were not the "greatest" but they were mostly clean and had hot water-suitable enough to wash up after a day on the beach. The pool was very nice and the staff was very friendly. We will definately book another trip to Holly Lake Campground next year.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Worst condition of any place I have ever camped. Probably will cost me $1500 to $2000 to repair my motor home due to the overhanging branches and limbs all everywhere. I would never take a motorhome of any substantial size into this place ever again! the management could care less if you are having problems. They do not care! Bathrooms were disgusting and not air conditioned. Sewer backed upa dn I barely was able to dump. It took me 1 hour to dump my sewer and grey water. These people obvioulsy do not care what the place looks like or whether things operate or not. This by far was the worst experience I have ever had at a campground. Do not stay there. No security either.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hhughesjr
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stay at holly Lake often and now have a permanent site there. Our site is HUGE, if you have been to other campsites in the area you are stacked on top of each other, literally. You get the best of both worlds at Holly lake! You are within 15 minutes drive from Rehoboth Beach (that's only because of traffic on route 24) and still secluded in the trees at the campground. For people that have complained about dirt~you are camping, in the trees, and the forest land, there is dirt and leaves :)

The campground has tons of activities for the kids, a petting zoo, games, hayrides, bingo for adults, a pool, DJ's and more, all for NO charge. They have people at the gates so not just anyone can drive into the campground. The cabins are too cute!! If you looked into hotels lately, it's well worth considering having a permanent site, a week stay in a hotel can come close or surpass the cost of a yearly fee for Holly lake, for UNLIMITED use!
OH and if you have a laptop, you can sit in the office parking lot/restaraunt and use your internet too.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I've been going to Holly Lake for years. This year we decided to take my nephews. They had a blast. The wagon rides and petting zoo. The best part is that its so close to the shops and the beach. I think Holly Lake could improve a little bit but whats the fun in camping if your not going to get dirty. You complain because the bathrooms are dirty. They clean the bathrooms in the morning when they open. There's no sense in cleaning them all day long if they are just going to keep getting dirty plus there's ALOT of bathrooms in the campground to clean. All I have to say is that I'm going to keep going until they shut down.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I have a permanent site at Holly Lakes, however it is a scary place! We only keep our camper there because we are in a nice section and it has been there for so long that moving it would be worse than staying.

We have been there for 5 years now and have seen all kinds of things. I should say they have taken steps to improve the quality of the campground, although very slowly! The place is LOUD, lots of drinking all the time. Even though quiet hour is 10pm we have seen parties go on until 3-4 in the morning. One year there was even a gang hanging out. I dont use the bathrooms so I cant speak for their condition. The staff is very rude and unhelpful. They dont seem to like anyone and are not consistent when it comes to enforcing their policies for year round campers. One year the camp staff cut my neighbors string lights down, because they didnt like them. No warning.

We have decided to sell our camper this year. Most of our friends have left the place because they couldnt take it anymore...

Do not waste your time!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank octoberswirl
Reviewed October 9, 2009

my family went down to holly lake and stayed for a week in aug.'09.bad month for mosquitos.but all in all we had a pleasant stay.took a pop up w/ac of course.stayed at site 743 and loved it.very secluded.bathouses aren't the greatest,but hey it's a campground.stayed there in '06 too,in one of their cabins.PLACE IS GREAT!!!!!!.if you people can't hang at a campground,stay in a motel!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millsboro
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Georgetown

Been to Holly Lake Campsites? Share your experiences!