“Love It Here” 4 of 5 bubbles

Long Neck Diner
Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Millsboro
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 302-947-9000
Lewes, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love It Here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Love this place for a good home cooked style meal - not fancy but reasonably priced and consistently good food and service. We eat there at least once a week or call ahead to bring it home.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Long Neck, Delaware
“decent food lousy service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I entered and was promptly seated. I sat for 5-7 minutes as others came in, sat down, were waited on, and those getting the buffet breakfast were digging in. I waited, finally signaling to the hostess who told me they'll be with me, I asked why others were eating, I was told they had a different waitress and I would have to wait. The hostess then proceeded to go to other employees and pointing to me and God knows saying what, she then went to the manager, pointing at me and still running her mouth. Still I waited, finally coffee arrived and so did the rest of my group. I was very pissed at the poor attitude displayed by the Hostess, the lack of concern, and total disregard shown by the Manager. As we left, to go somewhere more friendly, I asked what I owed for the 1/2 cup of coffee I drank and was charged $1.75. I will not eat at this restaurant again

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Moose957
Wilmington, Delaware
“not good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Me and my wife went to long neck diner couple weeks ago and ordered lunch..It wasnt even busy but we had to wait more than half hour for nasty food..Believe or not there was a bug in my wifes coleslow...We told our server that there is a bug in the coleslow she said she sees bugs in their kitchen all the time...NASTY....will never go back..

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank david l l
Millsboro, Delaware
“HORRIBLE Experience, management doesn't even speak english.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I came in with my two children and we were assigned a waiter named "Dave". He wore a pink shirt and constantly came within 2 inches of my face every time he spoke to me. Not only did he creep me out, he would make very obscene jokes to my children and told me "Don't worry, they don't get it yet". I was appalled. To make things worse, I spent about $9 on a hamburger which came out almost FROZEN. I immediately went to talk to a manager named "Matt", only to find out that he didn't speak english! He waved me away while he continued stuffing his face and didn't even bother to look up. I just took my kids and left. NEVER COME TO THIS RESTAURANT. There are about 20 other reviews telling you the same, listen to them! It is a NIGHTMARE!

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Jane K
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't EVER go to this restaurant!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Mother and Aunt ordered fish & chips...but substituted for the fries. Asked waitress whet kind of fish it was..came back and said she asked 2 cooks and they said it was rock fish. When it came...it was some cheap frozen junk that was fried in some very...very old grease. There were Aldo 3-4 onion rings on the plate that had to be refried and retried more than a couple times. You could not even bite the onion rings unless you wanted a broken tooth! Why would u even put that on the plate. So my aunt took one bite and was totally sickened..my mother ate a few bites and was done. The waitress was told..she told the manager..when we went to pay the bill..the manager never said a word..totally ignored our complaint. Could have took 1/2 off their dinners...but nothing..no we are sorry or anything. WILL NEVER GO BACK AND WILL TELL PEOPLE THE SAME. NO WAY TO DO BUSINESS IN AMERICA!!

• Visited June 2013