“Good authentic mexican food at good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Quetzalteca Restaurant - CLOSED

La Quetzalteca Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,745 helpful votes
“Good authentic mexican food at good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I have been here many times before. We decided to eat here for lunch the other day. We visted on a weekday before 3pm, so we could get the lunch specials. I ordered the deep fried chicken chimichanga and he ordered the beef fajitas. I normally get the soft chimichanga, but I thought I would give the deep fried version a try today.

Service was fast & friendly. The food was out quickly and served up hot. The deep fried chimichanga was OK, but I prefer the soft one that I usually get. This one was a little greasy tasting. My husband liked his fajita, but was surprised when the waiter brought him chicken fajitas instead of the beef ones he ordered. He still enjoyed them. We both enjoyed the FRESH chips and salsa.

Overall we had another good dining experience at La Quetzalteca. I would still recommend it & I will continue to dine there myself. I would recommend the soft chimichanga over the deep fried one, but that is just a matter of preference. Lunch prices can't be beat. It is a good deal.

• Visited September 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Friendly Service Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

The prices were great and our server was very friendly. Good place for "American-Mexican" food.

Visited July 2012
Georgetown, Delaware
“Great Salsa, Fajitas, served by attentive wait staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Writer and Family dined at La Quetzalteca in May 2012. Writer has eaten there numerous times and has always experienced a great meal with an attentive wait staff. The Fajitas are excellent as well as the salsa. If you are a fan of Mexican dining, this restaurant will not disappoint!

• Visited May 2012
Milford, Massachusetts
“Made Us Both Queasy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

My wife has a delicate stomach (and she says I have an iron one) but it is still very rare for her to get upset from a restaurant meal. It is still more rare for me to react badly. But we both came away from La Quetzalteca suspecting that the food had been 'off'. Neither of us got violently ill, but we both had our moments.

I'm not at all sure what the problem was, but I don't think we'll be going back.

Visited April 2012
Millsboro, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

Being part Mexican, this is a spot on representation of fine Mexican food. If one doesn't fall in love with this place, you simply don't care for fine Mexican cuisine.