“My expectations were a little higher”

Days Inn & Suites Milford
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This one is a tough one to review as we had stayed at the AmericInn in Harrington and it was a good experience. After making the reservation, I received an e-mail confirmation. An hour later, I received another confirmation but with my name in a common misspelling and a different confirmation number. Concerned, I finally e-mailed AmericInn and eventually received an explanation though I did not get the impression, from the terns they used, that they were really sure what happened. We arrived in late afternoon and were told they would have to change us to a smoking room. We declined. Finally, the front desk came up with a non-smoking room. (Best I could determine, a group booked after I did and "bumped" us. Of course, a number of its members had to go outside to smoke. People running tours should ask group members for preferences.) The soundproofing was adequate but not great. The hotel book in the room went to great lengths about how their construction insures great soundproofing. Breakfast was pretty good, better than many. Leaving, there was only one "bell cart" to handle luggage. There was a pretty long wait for it but the front desk was accommodating on departure time. I would not recommend against staying here but next year we will probably try the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very nice rooms and a helpful staff no matter what time of the day you ask them for something. Only 20 minutes from the Dover speedway and you avoid the hassle of everyone leaving by the same exits to go home. They have a heated pool and hot tub also.

Room Tip: Had a room on the first floor. It was very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We booked this hotel hoping for a swim in the "pool" but found it green and over -chlorinated. The hot tub was "out of service" The breakfast was very insufficient even though we were there quite awhile before close time.The guests who were there before us complained also. The woman working there barked at us that the truck didn't come in. The bedspread was moldy smelling and the ants in the bathroom were an added plus we didn't need. I've never seen so many live bugs in a motel. We complained to the desk who only offered to "look" into it. Customer relations contacted me once and never called back about my complaints even though she said she would. Very,very disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Came into town to visit my mother a few weeks ago who had recently had a house fire and decided for some reason to stay here. I reserved a room down the hall from her and immediately upon entering smelled cigarette smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room. The bathroom seemed to need a more thorough cleaning, and the decor in general seemed outdated and cheap. The best part was looking in the trash can and finding a used condom and wrapper. That was enough for me, I asked for a refund and checked out. Room service was the last to be in the room, so I can only imagine what happened before I arrived. Absolutely disgusting, I won't be stepping foot in this place again. I advise you to travel the few miles north to the Hampton Inn where I stayed-much cleaner, updated, and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mgcb0520
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We got to the hotel around 11 pm. It didn't appear full at all (should have been our first clue). The room had a smoke smell even though we asked for a non-smoking room. The bedding appeared old/outdated and the sheets had a few stains. The bed had to be the cheapest mattress we had ever slept on. There were ants crawling on the nightstand and on the wall behind it. The free breakfast was decent, things like toast, cereal, juice, coffee, and make your own waffle. Thank goodness it was a "one and done" type of stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank happyhikers0229
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed this past weekend. Booked a king but ended up with 2 queens b/c the hotel "forgot" to update their status with the booking website. The room was ok but it needed to be thoroughly cleaned. I found a used blood test strip on the floor along with food near the base of the bed. There were cobwebs on the ceiling and the pillowcases smelled like they had been used. The toilet ran because the top of the tank was broken and the handle would stick on it when flushed.The bathroom floor could've used a good scrubbing also. The mattresses are very soft and difficult to adjust to if you usually sleep on a firm mattress. Our view was of a storage facility and huge propane tanks. Front desk seemed unconcerned with problems. The good points - it's 1/2 the price of the larger chain hotel in town, there's free coffee and breakfast , the pool/hot tub are closed to kids after 10 pm and the rooms are surprisingly quiet.

Room Tip: I always like top floor away from elevator but the way the hotel is built it is extremely quiet,
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chriswilis
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights. Rooms were clean and roomy. The only issue was room next to us played loud music all night. When I complained the next morning the staff told me they were checking out that day. Also complimentary hot drinks were available but items weren't replenished. Overall great location and good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hampton Inn Milford
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Georgetown
Best Western Galaxy Inn

Been to Days Inn & Suites Milford? Share your experiences!