“Family Place”

Dining options: Delivery
Falls Church, Virginia
“Family Place”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a good place if you have children -- the staff looks out for them. Otherwise, this is a fairly generic pizza place. The service is fine, the food is fine. This may not sound like the most ringing review, but if you are looking for a straightforward pizza experience with little fuss -- this is your place!

• Visited July 2014

Milford, Delaware
“Horribly priced mediocre pizza”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

When I first moved here to this charming Delaware small town, i didn't know any better.
This "famous" pizza is infamous.
I had it delivered. It took forever.
It was cold. It was soggy. The crust was too thick and too sweet. The sauce was too sweet. Lord knows where they get their sausage, but if I knew, it would be the last place on earth I'd get sausage.
I admit I'm originally from Jersey, and therefore have high standards for pizza. But this disappointing disc of soggy mess was even more insulting because it was inexcusably overpriced.
Avoid this place. Take the time to drive to Frederica if you're hankering for a quality pie.

• Visited February 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Excellent service and pizza”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

First time to visit. The service was excellent. Everyone was friendly and the restaurant was clean. The personal pizza was excellent and my drink was refilled quickly. My waitress told me about the Swirl club and I joined. Even though they have a bar, it is closed off by some glass so the main room is family friendly. The gelato looked delicious but I didn't have room for dessert. I will return when I'm in the area for sure.

Visited April 2014
Milford
“Okay, I guess.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Only been there twice. Both times the food was ok, but the carpeting is filthy dirty and I find that I just want to get out of there.

Visited December 2013
Dover, Delaware
“Good food but EXPENSIVE”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went there Friday for dinner and while the food was good, I thought it was incredibly EXPENSIVE. We had a cup of milk (for my son), one soda, one water, a small pizza, and a burger and fries for $31!
It's a fairly nice facility but I can get much better deals elsewhere.

Visited February 2014

Been to Grotto Pizza? Share your experiences!