“Another good stay at a Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Milford
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Milford
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Another good stay at a Hampton Inn”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Very clean hotel. Second time staying at this Hampton Inn & would go there again. Good location. It seems like you are in the country but in a few miles you are near all the action: beach, shopping, dining.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My stay at this hotel was anything but good. The problems started before we even checked in. We made this reservation on January 7th – the reservation was for July 10 – 14th. Several days before we arrived, our schedule changed and we had to change the dates to July 11 – 13th. Friends of ours made the same reservation for the same dates, same room type, etc. and their room rate per night was $60 cheaper – they too called to make the original reservation on January 7th and they called to change their reservation on the same day we did – there was about a 2 hour time difference between our calls to the hotel. When I called the hotel to inquire on this price difference, I was told to call the Customer Service. I called Customer Service and spoke with an extremely rude woman who told me there is nothing they can do about the price, the computer generates the price and that price can change within minutes, which is the reason behind our friends having such a lower room rate than ours. Price gouging at its best if you ask me – Customer Service told me to call the hotel directly and they might be able to adjust the rate. So I called the hotel back only to be told that only a customer service rep could do it so needless to say I got quite the run around and paid $120 more for the same room than our friends. Also, when I made the change to our check in/check out dates, our room rates actually went up for the 2 nights we did stay there. Again, I was told that there was nothing that could be done about the price, even though those 2 nights never changed from the original reservation. The hotel was booked to capacity so they, oops, I mean the computer, can do whatever it wants to the rate.

The room was a typical hotel room. BUT the air conditioner stopped working in the middle of the night (or was probably turned down/off by the powers that be) and the tub took forever to drain – almost an hour to drain just from taking a shower, which is disgusting! We called with our complaints to see if we could get another room but we were told that no other rooms were available. Needless to say, when we travel to that area again, we will not be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Derwood, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Extremely clean rooms. Off the highway a bit. But whatever as served as Orange Juice for breakfast was weird and awful tasting. Even worse than Donald Duck re-constituted OJ. I couldn't drink it. Spoiled breakfast for me. Pricey for one night stay, but it's Summer and near the beaches. Half as much in Ohio for the same room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Rochester, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Newer Hotel. Facilities excellent. Have stayed at this hotel twice and both times excellent experience. Hotel location is good, can be easily seen from highway but getting to hotel first time can be a little confusing. Will definitely stay here again when in the area

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Thomas E
Liverpool, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed in Milford instead of a beach town. Our stay was nice with only a few issues. My room was clean but our bed spread had lumps that I thought were mice at first. Furniture was run down. Internet speed was terrible...it was like dial up speed. Staff were nice and courteous. Complimentry breakfast was the normal hotel fare but good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

This is a brand new hotel with a nice breakfast and helpful staff. We enjoyed a Nice room with comfortable beds, a fridge and coffee maker. Our kids enjoyed the pool. The gentleman staffing the breakfast served with a Hello and a smile as he managed the food efficiently. Being a newer place and kind of remote to town it had a few kinks to work out. For one I could get no cell signal (TMobile) during my stay so I couldn't get any of my family's calls or texts while here which was inconvenient! Another oddity: the door to our room would not shut unless you literally slammed it. This was super loud if others were asleep and you wanted to get out of the room. (#205). The hotel has a laundry but each wash and dry are $2.25 each! This location had two bus tours while we were there and everyone on tour put their bags outside their rooms for early morning pick up. Lots of noise from the hallway - bring earplugs! Otherwise it was a 15 min drive to beach area with opportunity to walk in the morning along the ocean, and about 30 min from Rehobeth Beach and outlets.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Granger, Indiana
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Nice comfortable hotel of the caliber expected of a Hampton. Unfortunately the website made it appear as though a riverwalk and shops were on site or very close. Not the case....highway and housing addition are only things located at this site. Not a bad stop just not what was expected.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Days Inn & Suites Milford
Hampton Inn Seaford
#1 of 6 in Seaford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches

Been to Hampton Inn Milford? Share your experiences!