“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Milford
Syracuse, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great hotel not far from the beaches or outlets. Easy drive to both. Very clean and staff was excellent. Tricky to find because the road didn't show up on my GPS. But I called and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in July with our two little kids. We had a great time...the hotel is beautiful and very clean. We used the indoor pool on our first night there, and while I'm not generally a fan of of indoor pools, this one is kept up very well. The breakfast was fairly typical, waffles, fruit, etc. It all seemed fresh. The staff was very, very friendly. If I was in the area, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
North East, Maryland
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Nice place to stay for a mini getaway. My husband needed a couple of days of downtime so we went without kids. I picked this hotel because of the indoor pool and the Hampton Inn reputation. The hotel is in an area that is within a 25 minute drive from Rehoboth beach and dover, Delaware. you do have a little drive to get to tourist attractions but worth it. It was very relaxing and quiet, the pool was like having our own private pool. The room was on the first floor which made it easy for me as I have several back issues.The rooms were clean and had ample amenities. The rooms did have coffee makers in them but it was just as easy to go to the lobby as coffee was ready twenty fours hours a day. Breakfast was included which saved some money, it was not a full breakfast buffet but had enough to please even my picky husband. They even have breakfast to go bags already made up which we took advantage of our last day there. They do not have a restaurant on site. I saved the best for last, the front desk was amazing from check in to numerous questions we had about directions. Becky went out of her way to answer many questions and she always was smiling. I gave a rating of four because the indoor pool seemed as though the room was heated but not the pool and we only had a shower in our room. Would stay again for a close to home quiet getaway.

Room Tip: First floor was nice as we are coffee and tea drinkers so very nice to be able to walk down the hall...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
islip Terrace, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was just what we needed after a long drive from NY. It was beautifully decorated and was such a welcome sight when we arrived. The rooms were clean and the bed comfy. The staff memeber at the desk guided us back to the hotel after we had made a wrong turn. Everyone could not have been nicer! I promised next time we visit, I'd allow more time for my grandaughters to take a dip in the indoor pool!!!

NJ
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Besides the beds, like a cheap cousin, this Hampton has all the trappings, extremely courteous staff, always very clean, I have stayed 4 or 5 times since this Hampton has been open. There are some very good places to eat close by, no more driving to Dover or to Lewes. Like all Hamptons breakfast is free, this time it was actually good. Be careful finding this one, it's a little tricky, I usually go in and out by Milford H.S. & Grotto's Pizza

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Point of Rocks, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have come to this hotel twice now with family when visiting the Deleware beaches. First time we looked for a place closer but did so late and found this place. It is a short drive in the morning to get to the beach and a lot nicer than what you can get right by the beach and a portion of the price. Staff is great, facilities are great and there is a nice indoor pool if your day at the beach gets rained out.

Utica, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2013

As everyone has said this Hampton Inn is a bit off the beaten path and can be hard to find when it's dark. Have a map printed out so you know and understand where to go. The hotel as itself is really nice. The front desk people we spoke with were amiable and the lobby was gorgeous and comfortable. Free breakfast was nice, though the waffle maker was broken but I'm sure they'll fix it. Our actual room was furnished beautifully, however there were a few things I noticed that weren't completely clean like a hair in the shower and some crumbs and hairs on the bathroom floor. Not sure if housekeeping was slacking off or what. The beds were okay- kind of hard and not all that comfortable, but I don't expect much from hotel beds these days. Shower pressure wasn't too strong either. All and all, it was a great stay and we enjoyed the property, but I just wanted to point our a few minor flaws deterring me from rating this a 5.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet so don't worry about it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Days Inn & Suites Milford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Brick Hotel On The Circle
Brick Hotel On The Circle
#2 of 4 in Georgetown

Been to Hampton Inn Milford? Share your experiences!