“Poor food, although the decor is pretty” 1 of 5 bubbles

La Tonalteca
Ranked #12 of 61 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Delaware
“Poor food, although the decor is pretty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The bad: I've eaten here a few times, which is all I can drag myself to do, and it's usually at the invite of friends (who do not know any better). The food looks the same, is brown, bland, lacks texture, color, and flavor. The margaritas are made from a mix (really? it's super easy to make them from scratch)-if you ask for one from scratch you get one that's really crappy. The food is also prepped way ahead of time-my tamales (which weren't even 100% masa) were still frozen in the center.

The good: the decor is pretty-very colorful (complete contrast to the food); and I will say the chips and salsa are good. Not great, but good.

Final score: Unfortunately, there are not enough redeeming qualities to force me to return. I wish ethnic restaurants would not dumb down their cuisine for Americans. Not all Mexican/South American food is spicy, much of it is so flavorful! There are only a few "traditional" Mexican dishes and those are very poor replications. Eat here if you must, I'd rather travel more for better. As the other raters stated, you get a lot for your money so it will stretch your budget, and if you like bland food that's brown and gloppy, go for it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Owings Mills
“Fast, Affordable and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stopped in this restaurant mainly because of the menu prices and the variety of dishes. We were SOOOO happy and our tummies were full of all their great food! Stop here if you're on a budget and want some great tasting Mexican food!

Visited September 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Great food on a budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate here after a great weekend on the beach. Our funds were a little low and we decided to eat dinner here on our final night. The portions were a good size, and the food was really good for the price that we paid. Service was good and fast.

Visited September 2013
Silver Spring, MD
“Can't Miss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is one of our favorites. We visit it whenever we head for the Eastern Shore. We first got acquainted with it in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. This was our first visit to the one in Milford. We were not disappointed. The food is good, the portions are generous, and the price is quite reasonable. It's not high class, but it's perfect for us regular folk who like good good and a good price.

philadelphia area
“Quick lunch, huge portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place was a quicker stop on a road trip. The food was good but not amazing. The portions were gigantic. Thank goodness we had a fridge for leftovers since it fed 3 more people lunch the next day. My husband really enjoyed his margaritas but I passed since it was lunch!
I love the décor because I adore the decorated chairs. The waiters were really friendly too.