“Always reliable”

Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Milford
Milford, Delaware
“Always reliable”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Everything is always good here. I've never gotten anything I didn't like, except the chicken salad (thyme). Even then they replaced it. Their crab bisque is awesome. Great options for kids. My big complaint is that the salads are bagged. You can taste it.

• Visited July 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Fabulous Food”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The food here was great. Nice ambiance, reasonably priced and good portion sizes. If we're able to visit Milford in the future, we'll definitely return here to eat.

Visited May 2013
Naugatuck, Connecticut
“Awesome Food - Good Price”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food here is very very good. Prices are excellent! Wine is $4 per glass for dinner! Wow!!!! Wonderful Waitstaff! We went to 2 restaurants while in Milford, DE and loved the Georgia House!

Visited May 2013
Cordova, Maryland
“Great "Find"”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I were returning from the beach and having no luck finding a place to eat when we happened upon Georgia House. It was inviting from the outside, so we decided to give it a try. Most of the parking is in the back, so it took us a minute to find it. Once inside we were pleasantly surprised. Even though it was late in a small town, the restaurant was lively. The food was done in a Southern Style and was very good. Because the food is prepared from a Southern perspective, don't expect to find a lot of "light" items on the menu. However, if you are looking for comfort food, this is the place to go. Definitely try the peach iced tea. I don't typically (no, never) like them, but this was the best I've ever had.

• Visited May 2013
Dover, Delaware
“Great service, great meal”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommended by Alyssa Koppenhaver of Milford so I thought I'd give it a try after work. Only issue was the young hostess forgot to give me a menu which I got a chuckle over. I was fortunate to be served by an attractive blond server #42 (Jessica, I believe) who did an excellent job.

I had the small sirloin steak $12.99 and added a fried crab cake $7. It came with two sides which I had brown rice and Mac-n-cheese. I asked for the steak to be cooked medium and it was perfect...tender, good flavor, and just the right size. Crab cake was good too but next time I'll have it pan seared instead of fried. I left the rice as they were lackluster compared to the steak and crab cake. I heard a diner near me rave about he crab soup...next time.

The best part was free... Yes, I said free. The server dropped off a roll as a little appetizer. It was as the kids say, "da bomb!" I had to ask what it was. The reply was a sweet potato roll but it looked almost like a scone. Top It off with butter and you'll be hooked too.

I told Alyssa this was a great recommendation and I'm glad I stopped by. Next time, I'll visit when it's warmer outside and sit at the outdoor dining patio with friends. That, my friends, is the only way to top off this culinary experience.

Visited April 2013

Been to Georgia House? Share your experiences!