“Yummy”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We saw the big propeller and decided to stop on the way to Ocean City. We both got the meal with steamed shrimp, crab legs and clams and enjoyed it very much. We forgot to tell them to put old bay on our shrimp but made out fine with the little cup of the yummy spice. I had the carrot shuffle and Brussels sprout as sides and enjoyed the opportunity for unusual sides very much. Both were excellent. My hubby had the Mac and cheese and liked it as well. All together this was a great dining experience.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have driven by Medings countless times and never stopped. My sister told me they go here every time they go to Bethany, so we finally did. The dinner was great! The cream of fab soup was delish. The Maryland crab was good and chock full of veggies, but we preferred the cream of crab. The fat crabs (tempura battered soft-shelled stuffed with crab) at hit. After a cup of soup, had to take one of the two crabs home. The clam strips were large and tasty.
There was also a local musician playing the guitar and some 70s songs that we enjoyed. We will stop by again next time we are in the area. BTW, the manager (owner?) was very much on the ball and attentive throughout the restaurant - moreso than I have ever seen in a place. Kudos!

1  Thank DLanders
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch today because I heard it was a good place but I wasn't impressed. We had the vegetable crab soup and the vegetables were hard and it had no spice to it. The cream of crab had a good taste but needed spice and substance. Definitely not award winning in my opinion. The stuffed mushrooms were down right nasty! The imperial sauce didn't taste good and half of the bowl was full of water and runny. Couldn't even eat them and I'm a huge fan of stuffed mushrooms! My son had a burger which looked very fresh and he loved that! I think it's kind of sad when the best thing on the table at a seafood restaurant is a burger. The atmosphere was great. We sat outside on a beautiful day and the server was great but all in all the food was a definite turn off. I do have to say I'm from MD's eastern shore so I may be a little spoiled when it comes to great seafood! Sorry but I won't return.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from vacation. The crab bisque was GREAT, and the shark sandwich was very good as well. But the best part was yet to come; after I accidentally left my wallet at the table and drove 5+ hours home, and spoke to employees over the phone to no avail for a few days, one employee took it upon herself to ensure that my wallet was returned to me before I headed back to school at the end of the week. She even paid for 2-day shipping out of her own pocket. Because of this above-and-beyond service, as well as the great food, this restaurant will definitely be getting my return business if/when I pass by again. Thank you Melinda at Meding!

1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had a strange but yummy cheeseburger with a crab cake on top. Yes that was strange but really good! The beef was good quality, better than the average burger. My husband had the crab cakes and was happy. It is a very busy place, so patience is a virtue. The prices were fair for the quality.

1  Thank Stargatebabe