“WE LOVE THE DISHES WE ORDER BUT......”
Review of Nhu Vu - CLOSED

Nhu Vu
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Phone number is: 302-378-9338
Description: Phone number is: 302-378-9338
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We moved to Delaware 11 years ago and finding decent dinning options were almost non existent. Really stake and potato chains and nothing worth a second visit. We like all different cuisines and Chinese food is something of everyone’s list. Nhu Vu is Vietnamese cuisine, but they do have some dishes that lean towards Chinese. We haven’t found a Chinese restaurant we’d return to in Delaware in 11 years, but we love the food at Nhu Vu. We’re not really Pho people, but I’ve tried it, to be honest I’ve had better, but we go for other dishes closer to Chinese entrees. Lemon Grass Chicken is a favorite, Honey Chicken with Broccoli is my wife’s, but Ginger Chicken with Onions and the Curry Chicken is also quite tasty. We have had several appetizers that we enjoy too, some of the spring rolls etc. I wish they would add the Vietnamese Hoagies to the permanent menu as it is unique and tasty for a change of pace. They have been slightly inconsistent. not that the food was ever bad, but the level of spice can vary greatly. It may be a different chef on certain nights. regardless this is our go to restaurant when in the mood for Asian in Delaware. I should note they charge for extra rice and we like a particular dipping sauce with on appetizer which we switch out for the one that comes with it. On our last visit we were charged for this? It wasn’t our regular server, but I find these types of charges very petty. I realize that everything cost money, but really how much does a half a cup of rice cost and the sauce I’m talking about is Thai Chili sauce, hardly expensive components and we order a least two dinners and an appetizer so it’s not like we’re not purchasing anything. It won’t keep me from patronizing them, but if a better place comes along without these silly charges, I may jump ship.

2  Thank Carbs88

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This may just seem like another little restaurant. But Nhu Vu is one of the best places I've ever eaten! The decor is fine, the service amazing, and the food is very good. I've been here many times with groups and with just my family. I would highly recommend the soups(Pho Tai is probably the best) and the bubble tea. Give it a try!

1  Thank DelawareMom123
Reviewed March 19, 2014

on a Sunday at 1:30, we were the only customers, although there were 2 carry-outs while we were there; one ordered "spicy chicken" and the other shrimp fried rice; absolutely no spice; had to ask for some hot sauce from the waiter; thought we would give some constructive criticism to the owner, and were told that the complaints had gone the opposite way and that they thought it was better to add your own spice; guess we are just used to green chilies in New Mexico!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Have been to Nhu Vu many times and always a pleasant experience. Sometimes they are overwhelmed but do their best to make every customer special. On our last visit I enjoyed stir beef with eggplant. The brown sauce was rich in color, taste and yet not salty. My wife always enjoy the pad tai which is excellent. On your visit a must try is their wonton soup. The owner is always there to please. Where can one go today for lunch and have a bowl of soup, entree, hot tea for a party of (2) and with tip walk out $18-20 for an ideal lunch. The quality of the food and cleanliness of the restaurant is exceptional. They will adjust the heat (spice) in your entree according to your taste.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Driving north from Centreville Maryland to Galena it's only another 15 minutes for some additional food options in this sparse land of dining outside of the big towns. So back to Nhu Vu it was. The vermicelli bowls with egg roll and lots of veggies were great. One beef and one pork. A good and healthy $20 lunch. Looks like they get lots of regulars in here too. I can see why. We've been three times since they opened and will surely be back.

1  Thank GK1959