“Tall Scary Clown”

Frightland
Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Middletown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Frightland is the premiere haunted attraction scream park in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Located in Middletown, Delaware, Frightland offers 8 different haunted attractions that made Travel Channel call us a "Top 10 Scariest Haunted Attraction in the US". Visit us and find out why Forbes called us one of the Scariest Haunts in America.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I went to Frightland as I have in years past. This year was different then ever before. There were monsters, growls and creatures everywhere we turned. They were friendly (kind of) and helpful, pointing us in the direction if where we want to go next. In years past, the forest used to be a bore... this year there was someone every five feet, WOW how scary and fun to watch my wife get scared out of her skin.
The reason I put the title I did was due to this... THING in the transit or walking area where there are some shops and food places. a horrifying 10 foot tall CLOWN. Not so bad until he tried to eat me and sent his smaller clown after my wife's friend.
$35 for a Saturday night event was not bad for the fun and entertaining time we had. We felt safe and welcomed. Scares came when needed but it is all in good fun. If you get there and there are long lines... My suggestion is an upgrade to a RIP pass this is their VIP lines which cut some of the wait to a minimum.

1  Thank John J

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Me and a few parents took our tween kids. We enjoyed all the attraction, the prison and the attic made us all scream a few times and worth a visit. The hayride was the most fun(and the longest line) and also scary at times because the actors jump onboard at times. The graveyard isn't really scary. The actors do follow you through the attractions and the also walk up to you while you're in line least expecting it. Over all the actors do a great job and their costumes and make up are excellent. The food is reasonable and didn't give any of us heartburn and send us running to the toilet. The rides are questionable, so not many people on that side of Frightland. They don't allow any bags, cameras or purses. There is security and they do walk the park. My only complaint is people that constantly smoke in line, and continue to smoke even after announcements are made to not smoke in lines. The park opens at 6:00, but the attractions do not open til almost 7:00.

1  Thank gypsyeyes_12
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Best Halloween attractions, I have been to in a while. It has been years since I got goosebumps. There is something for everyone. And it is pretty dam scary. You could bring kids to the first 4 attractions and let them play on the rides. That has a carnival boardwalk feel where the rides and food are, pretty friendly. The last 4 attractions will haunt you. They have an awesome scary story line that intertwines, and the actors and actresses are amazing and very creepy. One of the owners, Phil Miller was beyond accommodating. And it is accessible to the handicap as well. I think the attic is the only attractions you would miss out on. The attic is dark, you feel lost and like you are in a maze trapped, it is eerie.

1  Thank codewords
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was my first time going to frightland and I had a blast. I first got on the hayride which was pretty well put together. Then I went to adalia manor which I thought was cheesy but it scared my friends ( the weakest of all the sets ) then we went to the prison, which was by far my favorite . I was constantly screaming. The actors are very decated. Next we went to the barn which was my 2nd favorite it scared me pretty good , and lastly we went through the attic we saved that for last because we heard it was the best. Wrong. It's hot and tight and so dark all you do is run into walls, a lot of wasted space. Overall though I had a blast, most definitely going back !!

1  Thank Katt_moore
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is a tri-state favorite....it's is a carnival and scary funhouse all in one. If you like scary they have a haunted hay ride..if you want a family event the carnival part is gat for kids.

1  Thank rodneytbond007

Been to Frightland? Share your experiences!