“Food is Ok but in a nice restaurant”

Shipwrights on the Marina
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Blakehurst
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Tucked behind Bayblu in Blakehurst, a nice restaurant for special occasion or just a relaxing dinner by the water,. Lambshank is their only nice dish I liked and it hasn't failed me so far. Staff is attentive and polite. Parking is a pain as they share parking with Bayblu customers so be there early.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went here for lunch for my birthday (mid week). Its open 7 days, it was very quiet the day we were there (only one other table taken). It was quite hard to park, there is a parking area with a boom gate but it also services the Marina. The options for parking on the street are really limited. The location is lovely, pretty much at sea level amongst the boats. The food and service was great, I had the ocean and earth, chicken prawns and fish tossed through salad. The garlic chilli prawns were great as well - unusual, in a thick tomato stew with olives and fetta. I loved it - definately go back.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went there with family because one needs gluten free meals.
Did not disappoint as they had a good selection of gluten free meals.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. We sat outside looking over the bay and it was a mild night which added to the enjoyment.
Boaties can pull up at the wharf and come up for a meal, which apparently many do.
Only down side is, if you have trouble with steep stairs, as there is a steep set to get down to the restaurant.
All up excellent.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had forgotten just how good this restaurant is. I went there for a Christmas girl's night out last Saturday night and could not flaw the place. The location, service, food and cost were all excellent. We arrived when it was still light and enjoyed the sunset over the water. The outlook is beautiful watching the boats bobbing at the marina and across the river in the distance. We ate fine food, drank nice wine $8 per bottle corkage if you bring your own and it was only $55 per head which included a tip. We were all saying we would definitely be returning.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have visited Shipwrights many times since it opened and have eaten there through the different management. It is a great spot but the food is a bit hit and miss. I have had great meals there and I have had some very average meal there. it is a shame that this happens as it puts people going back again. I have not visited since my last very average experience but I have a function in December that is being held there and I am truly hoping that they get it right. Service is hit and miss too. Sometimes it is great other times it isnt