“Disgusting”

and 1 more site!
Blakehurst Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blakehurst
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was stupid enough to book this accommodation without checking the reviews. Lucky to get a towel each, no bath mat, face washer, hairdryer, milk. New TV but no signal, clean sheets dirty pillow cases, stunk, could not get air to work but finally worked out there was a button near the bed, but with no help from the man at reception, who didn't know a thing. The heated swimming pool was half full with dirty filthy water. I can't believe that these people are in operation. I will be sending complaints to Fair Trading etc. to have something seriously done about this accommodation as it is not healthy. Really disappointed also that a well know name like "Quickbeds" actually recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Rochelle H

Reviewed December 10, 2013

There were 6 pluses - hot water in shower (after I cleaned it and removed old hair etc), an airconditioner that worked (albeit so noisy it was hard to concentrate), a trying to be helpful girl at reception, clean sheets and clean towels and a refrigerator that worked. Also there was a new TV but, unfortunately it didn't work!
The minuses - couldn't open the door without using both hands and my husband's shoulder, very smelly in all rooms, carpet was threadbare (down to concrete in places), every room had a broken light or two, the bathroom had not been renovated since built probably in the 60's and maybe not cleaned since then either, no screens on the opening windows, curtains that didn't fit any of the windows, and heaven help anyone who had extra people in the room who needed to use the fold out lounge (you disappeared when you sat on it so would have been impossible to sleep on), the double bed had broken legs so it was a bit like sleeping on the side of a hill (lucky for us I insisted on what we had booked a double and 2 singles and my husband slept in one of the singles), airconditioners in each bedroom but alas although plugged in and switched on - nada, nil response.
This 'place' was booked through a very well known online booking service and I have also emailed them. This place like many others here on Tripadvisor have written before should not be in business. I know you get what you pay for but having travelled extensively around the world this is the worst misrepresentation of accommodation I have experienced.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is one - stay away spend your money elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank seekerof
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was the worst accomodation my wife and I have stayed in anywhere in the world we have travelled. It was filthy and there were cockroaches and spiders in the rooms. In the first room we were given the carpet was loose and bubbling and th stench of tobacco smoke was overpowering. We asked for another room and were given one which appeared slightly cleaner but the airconditioniong did not work. Given it was a hot night (28 November) we asked for yet another room. This time the A/C worked but only just. All in all the rooms were shabby and the advertising (on the motel's website) is misleading and deceptive. This is not a motel you should be associated with. I should say that the receptionist was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
4  Thank David_Blesso
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Could not check into reception as a remodelled Valiant Regal car of the 1970's variety was blocking the driveway. He eventually moved into another shaded area and we were instructed to park outside our room which was towards the end of the block. An altercation took place between my friend and the owner of the Valiant as he had apparently been waiting for 15 minutes for a spot in the shade. Once he was settled in the shade he proceeded to vacuum his car. To my knowledge he was not a guest but a friend of the night duty manager. We went into the room and I was dismayed to see the state it was in. It was musty, the quilt on the bed had seen better days, several times, and it had holes in it. Added to this was the charming support of the TV cabinet being a wooden stick. The glasses in the fridge were Vegemite jars. There was no soap in the dispenser in the bathroom, we were only given 2 towels and no bath mat or hand towel and the room was not clean. After we were subjected to 15 minutes of Mr Valiant Regal revving his car in the driveway outside our room, we asked if we could be moved. There was only one other room available (apparently) and we decided to accept their offer as it was on the opposite side of the building. When we went looking for milk in the fridge there was none and as if that wasn't enough we had no kettle to make a cuppa anyway. We had to borrow the one from the kitchen with instructions to please return it in the morning. Teaspoons were absent but we did have two paddle pop sticks available to stir our tea. I would rather have checked out, but it was too late to find somewhere else to stay. To even equate this place with the hospitality industry is an insult to all those who really try to provide good clean accommodation. Staying with your worst in-laws would be an improvement.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jrlucy634
Reviewed October 27, 2013

1st room I was given the door was wide open and the bed had been slept in with covers flipped open like someone had just got out of it. Was challenged by staff when I came back down to report it and ask for another room. I stayed here booking three rooms, the two that my parents each stayed in were just ok. My Second room was appalling. There was makeup on the bench in lounge area, was a smokers room and I wasn't even asked if I had preference and the room smelt appalling. There was urine on the toilet seat, the vanity was wet and there was cigarette ash on the carpet. The sliding door to the bathroom was impossible to slide shut and security felt non existent. The towels were clean at least and the bed sheets appeared clean, but the bed cover was stained and old and the furniture looked like it was from an 80's crackhouse. The tv worked but barely. My father said his didn't work at all. No breakfast menu at all. The car park looked like jims spare parts yard with guys fixing or cleaning there cars at the summernats although one man offered to carry my luggage, I thanked him but didn't take him up on the offer. Took two sleeping pills for the noise of the highway right next door and to block out the disgust, but a good nights sleep I did not have. Very disappointing as I know you don't get much for 100 bucks but this was dismal......

Room Tip: None, don't go there
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Tanya J
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place really does leave a lot to be desired. The sheets on one of the beds were not clean and there were cigarette butts floating in the toilet. Our room was in major need of renovation. About the only thing it has going for it is that there are no other hotels close by so if you need to be in or close to Blakehurst then this is your only option.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kuvarani D
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Ok, first the pros.....(yes, there were some)....the room and bathroom were acceptably clean, bedding was clean and the staff at the front desk were helpful and friendly.
.....the cons.....oh dear.....the room was very run down; large hole in the shower ceiling and a fist-sized dent in the front door. To turn on the TV you would be required to insert your finger into the hole in the front of the TV where the 'on' button used to be. One bedside lamp had a shade and one didn't. There were tea making facilities.....but we were unable to locate a kettle (despite our best efforts). The window in the loo didn't close. Given that we were staying there in the middle of winter, the night time trip to the loo became reminiscent of the old trip to the outside Dunny (bit chilly on the backside). It's also right on the Prince's highway. So unless you find the roar of traffic soporific this may pose a problem for you. We were delighted to note the presence of an airconditioner.....and equally horrified by the volume of it's roar. Conversation took the form of air traffic control signals until the thing powered down....it did drown out the noise of the traffic though.
My final word of advice to any of you brave souls that may choose to stay at this establishment anyway.....check the clock radio alarm. The one in our room erupted into life at 1.30am with a loud commentary on a horse race somewhere.....it had us both sitting up bolt upright in fright like a pair of meerkats. To be honest, spend your $100 elsewhere; they'd have to pay me to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Eureka198
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blakehurst
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
#1 of 2 in Cronulla
Metro Hotel Miranda
Metro Hotel Miranda
#1 of 1 in Miranda

Been to Blakehurst Motor Inn? Share your experiences!