“Stinky” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blakehurst
Nowra, New South Wales, Australia
“Stinky”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the blakhurst motor inn Sunday 21st July 2013 we picked this motel as my husband had a motor bike accident and was flown up from the south.coast to st George hospital and this motel was the closest for us. A friend found it for us as it has a aaa rating. We were not expecting the Hilton but we got the Bali Hilton. Absoulty disgusting the floor was dirty the curtains had who nos wot on the no tv reception no soap. We slept with our clothes on and was out of there very quick in the morning. I am sending a email to aaa rating putting in a complaint

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Sueann R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this what suppose to be a motel, on a Saturday night, we pre-booked a deluxe room with a queen bed, As we first opened the door to our room we were met with the stench of mould and mildew, the carpet was faded and torn in places which could of been a trip hazard if we didn't notice it, the furniture was old and damaged looked like it was picked up from a council rubbish night. I sat on the bed and thought I was sitting on the floor, the bed base which suppose to support the mattress was broken and collapse. Secondly I noticed the carpet between the bed and wall was wet as if the roof had leaked and water was running down the wall, as I was looking at this I had noticed a syringe stuck between the wall and bedside table. I decided to lay my head down on the pillow and realised that the pillow and quilt was also wet. The quilt was also mouldy.
We decided to go down to reception and asked for our money back and go and look for another motel (or even sleep in our car would have been more comfortable) but was told they don't give refunds so we were downgraded to a room with a double bed, which was not any better in this room it smelt like mould, the furniture was old and carpet and curtains torn and faded, one of the curtains was not the size to fit the window, but luckily we had the tree branch from the neighbours tree to block out anyone from looking in. The tv didn't work no remote for the tv , in the room there was at least 6 lights but we could only get 1 working. Next the neighbours behind the motel decided to have a party with their music up loud until 2.00am in the morning, and the people in the room next to us well what can I say they were at it until 4.30am with the bedhead hitting against the wall constantly.
We could of packed up and stayed in the car but thought we would say something in the morning.
when we went to check out, we complained to the guy at the desk about the disgusting room and down grading of our room we were told that all rooms were one price, when we pre-booked our room there was 30.00 difference between the deluxe room and standard room . So now I think a phone call to fair trading, health inspection and hoteliers association may be in order.
I have been reading the reviews on this motel now and wished I had now done this before our booking was made and paid the extra money for a much cleaner and modern motel.
Also I forgot to mention that after our night of laying on the bed and listening to neighbours partying, people in adjoining rooms going at it all night long we both fill as if we have lice all over our body and the respiratory problems are about to happen.....

So please take this advise and the reviews of others and DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL, it should be shut down and refurbished before being re-opened......

Room Tip: My advice for a good room is find another motel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank weekend-traveller13

Travelers are raving about these Blakehurst hotels

Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I would like to offer some feed back on our ongoing stay at the Blakehurst Motor Inn 513 Princes Hwy. We have been staying here for the last 5 nights and in that time the bed has not been made we received clean towels 2 nights out of the 5 the rubbish bin was emptied 1 night. There has been no cleaning of the room, dirty cups have not been washed and no detergent to be able to wash them ourselves, the bathroom window does not lock and has no security screens the front door does not close easily and has only a chain as security. The air conditioner barely works and is extremely noisy. The mattress has collapsed on one side there are numerous electrical faults, power points permanently on, other one falling off the mounts. The toilet leaks.

Last night (11Jul13) we made representations to the duty staff and apart from them giving us towels then nothing has been done. When approaching the reception tonight we were verbally abused and told to leave several times because we took the bags of 3 days worth of rubbish down and asked again for clean towels and the room cleaned. Finally after being repetitively yelled at for bring our rubbish to reception we received clean towels and returning to our room and realised the supplied cups were dirty and had never been cleaned and upon requesting clean ones were questioned which was our vehicle in a manner that suggested that we are at risk of retribution.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bruce H
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm currently trying to sleep In this absolute cesspool of a motel that is trying to imitate something in between a suburban virus and a small 5th world country. The minimum rating I can give it is a 1, but it should be -101 if the option existed. Possibly the worst motel in the solar system, I have already experienced the smell of what seems to be urine in the corner of the room, busted power points, tv not working, air con not working and is bound in duct tape, absolute dampness and moist bed sheets, stained blankets and razor thin 1/2 ply oily quilts. Broken toilet seat. Looks like the location where they filmed the movie SAW. ripped, smelly and dirty carpets, I am using a towel to protect my head from the pillow and I don't have anything further to protect the towel itself from the vicious air molecules in the room, so ill have to put it in the bin tomorrow. Dust like you can't believe, will definitely not shower here and although I'm sleeping with my shoes on, they will need to fumigated first thing in the morning...eyes wide open as stiff as a meerkat soldier on a winter morning, I'm afraid to touch anything, contaminating everything that comes into contact. The yard outside is like a warzone with old cars, boats and strange objects that you would find off a highway in Texas...Serious health hazard, they need a 5metre sign that says "DANGER- disease and death guaranteed beyond this point" to be placed upon entry. The stories where you hear of people strangely dying in motel rooms?, well this one surely is on that list -- i might consider sleeping in my car if the smell from the fridge next to my head doesn't settle soon. Amazing the health inspector hasn't come around- i have full res photos of this place incase we get sick trim this dump- absolute joke !

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank Shmoo121
bath uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

A friend in Sydney found this place, simply because it was the closest, cheapest, to St George Hospital in Kogora, which I had to visit for several days. The staff are pleasant, and the best feature. Rooms ( I used 2 during 7 days) are tatty, poorly decorated and maintained, and in places just plain dirty. However, there were good showers in both and comfortable beds. Can you expect more in Sydney for $80/day and $100/day at weekends ? There is a bus service almost directly outside the motel, which provides a good service to the mainline stations. Did not test the aircon, since this was a visit at the start of winter. Oh, forgot to mention that room security is abysmal, and there is no safe deposit. You will find that most of the upstairs doors have been attacked at some time.The carpets are disgusting.

Room Tip: Maybe downstairs rooms are more secure ?
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank 857paula
Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

When my husband and I stayed here on 7/5/13 it was the worst night of our lives as the bed was broken, tv was broken, bathroom dirty, no chair to sit on, lounge disgusting and had no support at all, no milk in frig for coffee even after asking twice at office. We were told that we could watch tv in the office but that was out of the question as I cannot walk very far and was inconvenient to my husband and me. Overall disgusting motel and would definitely NOT BE RECOMMENDING THIS PLACE TO COCKROACHES LET ALONE HUMANS.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sharon K
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Where to start. Dreadful smell in room, frayed and filthy carpet, Awoken by cocroach in bedding, no plug in bathroom, snowy tv reception on antique tv. Blood stained and cigaret burns on bed linen, loud groups of family fighting outside room with police being called, where to stop. Do not stay here. No service and room not touched during 3 night stay. If I did not have a seriously ill relative in the local hospital I would not have stayed here. I will never stay again.

Room Tip: There is not a good room
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gillian H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blakehurst
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
#1 of 1 in Miranda
Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Mercure Sydney International Airport
Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel

Been to Blakehurst Motor Inn? Share your experiences!