“Delicious Food, Great Setting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Clubhouse at Baywood

The Clubhouse at Baywood
Reserve with OpenTable
The Clubhouse at Baywood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Long Neck
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whether you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday or just out for a relaxing meal, join us at The Baywood Clubhouse Restaurant and experience a world-class meal served by our our expert staff and created just for you. Enjoy an evening of great drinks and entertainment in our lounge, or take in the scenic views on our luxurious verandah overlooking the 18th hole of our championship golf course. If you're looking for something a little more romantic or intimate, request a table in our plush dining room. With its floor to ceiling wine cases and picturesque views of the golf course, you won't find a more tranquil setting.
Yorktown Heights, New York
“Delicious Food, Great Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was a return visit. We have never sat outside before. Very enjoyable outdoor venue. Although if you are looking for a quiet outdoor visit, we found it a bit noisy at first. Might have just been the groups who were there when we arrived. It got quieter as we continued our dinner. We came with local friends who mentioned to the wait staff that it was a wedding anniversary dinner and they asked in return -how many years married? They then deducted the percentage of years married off of the anniversary couple's entrees. A pleasant surprise!
Our food was well prepared and very tasty. We have never been disappointed in the food and we will definitely return.

1 Thank Grace O
Reinie T, Manager at The Clubhouse at Baywood, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
We truly appreciate your kind words regarding your recent experience with us at the Baywood Clubhouse Restaurant. We are always happy to hear when one of our guests truly enjoys their time here whether it be for brunch, lunch or dinner. Our servers, along with our kitchen staff, work hard to offer the best experience possible. Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

New Castle, Delaware
“A True Upscale Golf Club Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I recently had dinner at the Baywood Greens Clubhouse Restaurant. I was very impressed with the upscale feel of the drive through the golf course into the restaurant parking lot and was equally impressed with the beautifully landscaped grounds and the restaurant itself. We arrived early and sat outside to relax and have a cocktail while we waited for our table to be called. It was a beautiful day. Outside, there is a bar, some chairs and tables and also some couches and more comfortable cushioned chairs to relax in while enjoying some appetizers or before/after dinner drinks. I happened to be there the day before July 4 so they were having their own private little fireworks display for residents on the golf course but even so it wasn't too crowded. We were called in promptly to our almost private table. We were sat at a 6 top table even though there was only 2 of us. It was located past the busy area of the restaurant in a divided section that was private and quiet. The waitress even closed the sliding doors to block the noise from the adjoining large room that was full so it was like us and the other party of 4 in the room had the whole room to ourselves and it was now quiet from the open bar atmosphere in the adjoining room. The food was good...not outstanding. I felt they could do a lot better job on freshness of ingredients. The taste was bland. The bread they served before was excellent. Overall, I think I was there on a busy night and I don't feel that the restaurant was on it's toes when I was there. Our waitress was friendly and prompt but just something about the food made me think I wouldn't be rushing back in anytime soon. I would go back though to see if there is any improvement and am considering buying a home in the neighborhood. Its very nice there. I hope that the restaurant improves before I return. Atmosphere was great! They could make it something great if they hire a new chef. Live piano music would have lifted up the place. I gave it 4 stars not for the food but mostly the atmosphere. Loved sitting outside and it was nicely decorated and comfortable.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for kind words regarding your recent visit with us at the Baywood Clubhouse Restaurant. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and atmosphere during your dining experience but are a little disappointed that you did not equally enjoy the food. We strive to offer only the freshest and best quality ingredients to our guests to accompany our 5-star service and atmosphere; busy or not, we expect that every guest will receive a dish that will surpass their expectations. Your expectations were obviously not met and for that I would like to personally apologize. It is fantastic to hear that you are looking at purchasing a home in this wonderful neighborhood and we hope that you will join us again soon so that we may have a second chance to impress you with our delicious menu items. Also, if you are looking for world-class entertainment we recommend joining us on Friday and Saturday nights when we have live music either on our verandah or in our lounge. If you have any further questions or if you would like to discuss additional issues please feel free to contact me personally.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Spectacular setting and high quality food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Dinner for two with a friend who took him as his guest. It is hard to say too much about the setting because in addition to the high level of maintenance you would expect it has an exquisite southern feel; we sat outside of a beautiful sunny evening and both felt like James Mason.
The food is terrific; the chef clearly knows what he is doing. I had the tuna to start and followed this with scallops - both were cooked perfectly and full of flavour. We drank a pleasant bottle of house Malbec.
I would give five stars but the quality of service is in need of attention. The servers were universally charming but they simply don't know enough to provide a consistent level of performance. If they can get this sorted this would be the place for a special occasion or a casual meal alike. The place is grand but unstuffy; it is already very good but with a senior service manager in attendance it could be great.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to start by thanking you for your kind words regarding the quality of food and your experience with us at the Baywood Greens Clubhouse. It is always nice to hear when our guests have enjoyed themselves and the meal. We strive for excellence in every area of our guest experience, so when we hear that someone is not happy with something we truly take that to heart. Your comments regarding the service you received have been relayed to our entire staff so that we can better our practices and make sure every guest receives 5-star service. Again, I thank you for your comments and would like you to know that we welcome any praise or criticism so we can ensure every guest has a 5-star experience. If you are ever in need of anything else with regards to your experience here at the restaurant or if you would like to discuss the situation further please feel free to contact me personally.

Lambertville
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

There is NO EXCUSE for the quality of food this stunning golfclub has. Was dinning with a group of friends and could not believe they raved about this place.Ordered a $$$$ wine which had to be placed on ice. Why offer this if you do not keep it in a wine controlled environment. Server poured for us to taste and said he needed to chill it! SHOCKING! Then a different young unprofessional server picked up since his shift was over. She clearly had very little experience. The special which 4 of us ordered was the most tasteless, bland dish.(chicken with orzo) The starters left little to be remembered.
Am hoping someone reads this and hires a CHEF not a COOK and also trains the staff.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Reinie T, Manager at The Clubhouse at Baywood, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
I would like to start by apologizing for the issues you experienced during your recent visit. We hold ourselves to the highest standards, and when we hear that we have failed to meet our guest's expectations we take those comments very seriously. I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with the wine service you received; we do keep all of our fine wines at the recommended serving temperature in our climate controlled display cases. I will also be addressing the service issue with my managers and staff with the hopes that everyone will meet our high standards for service. Your comments regarding the food have also been passed on to our kitchen staff so that they may be used to better our practices and keep a situation like the one you experienced from ever happening again. I invite you to contact me personally if you would like to discuss the situation further.

Phone - 302.947.9225 x100
Email - reinie@baywoodgreens.com
Lewes, Delaware
“Pretty Good Food, BUT 2 1/2 hours?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We ate here recently and had a mixed opinion on our experience. The main dining is very nice and we've enjoyed the ambiance there in the past. Drinks were good, although my Manhattan didn't have a Maraschino cherry. Both appetizers (lobster corn cake and goat cheese and a Caesar salad) were very good. Entrees were fine - day boat seared scallops and my lobster Francais except for the risotto not being hot. The main problem was that it took two and a half hours (!) from arrival until conclusion due to an extraordinary long wait between appetizers and the entrees arriving. The manager recognized the delay and comped us for two desserts. This is not what one would expect from a restaurant with upscale prices.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bville01
Reinie T, Manager at The Clubhouse at Baywood, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I would like to personally apologize for the issues you experienced while dining with us here at the Baywood Clubhouse Restaurant. We always strive to provide not only 5-star food, but 5-star service as well, but unfortunately there are times when we do not meet expectations. I appreciate your comments as they will only help us improve our customer's experience with us and invite you to dine with us again soon. If you would like to discuss the issues further feel free to contact me personally.
Phone - 302.947.9225 x100