“I guess you gotta be friends with the waitresses”

Sparkie's Seafood Shanty
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Long Neck
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
“I guess you gotta be friends with the waitresses”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I'm a local and every time I go in this place I get treated like an alien. The wait staff is laughable, a bunch of girls in a corner whispering too each other. There was only one waitress actually working and it wasn't ours but she refilled our drinks, I wish my tip could have gone to her. Everyone else is lazy and slow. Please get a new wait staff and try to hire someone other then teenagers as your cooks that might help.

• Visited May 2014

Lewes Beach, Delaware, United States
“Cheers bar!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We are locals and this place does not gouge the tourist or the locals during the season. Natural light beers 1.50 and 1 tacos on Tuesday night! Get here early because it does get crowded and the kitchen makes good food so it takes time. Great people great food great times .

• Visited August 2014
Unionville Pa
“Get away dinner”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Sea food combo was good shrimp dinner was small for the price waitress was good have visited several times

Milford, Delaware, United States
“A FIRST FOR ME!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I can honestly say I have never walked out of a restaurant before without getting my food. We had a large group of eight, including two small children. Arrived at 6:45 p.m. Seated around 7:30 p.m. Left at 9:15 p.m. During this entire time, our waitress only came to our table four times - 1. drink & appetizer order, 2. entree order at the same time our appetizers were being ordered, 3. drink refill, then at 8:40 p.m., 4. to tell us our entrees would be right out at which time we asked for another pitcher of tea. Not only was the pitcher empty, but every cup at the table was empty.

They were busy, so I was very patient. However, when we couldn't even get a drink for more than 30 minutes, we were done. I can understand the kitchen might be backed up and a little slow. (And we didn't order anything out of the ordinary - crab cakes, fried combos, etc.) That's one thing. But when you cannot be placated at least with constant drink and some attention, there's a problem. And to make matters worse - the table of six next to us was seated after us, had their drinks, appetizers, entrees, bill and were gone before we were at the breaking point!

Without making a scene, we let the hostess know we were ready to leave and wanted our check since we couldn't even find our waitress. She offered to refill our glasses and let us know that our food would be another 15-20 minutes. Really!?!? We had just waited over an hour for our food and it was going to be another 15-20 minutes!?!? Wasn't going to happen. We had reached the point of no return! And when I say "no return", I mean "no return".

As we were leaving, the hostess was so rude I was shocked. She was snide and completely out of line. We are locals. We have been to this restaurant many times. The food is generally very good and the majority of the waitstaff is good. This night however, not so much! And with the way we were treated by the hostess on our way out - NEVER AGAIN! This is NOT the only place that sells seafood at our beach resort! They need to get their act together!

P.S. There were at least two (I believe three) other tables that walked out as well and some of them were extremely rude about leaving. We at least tried not to make a big scene out of it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Stacey H
Virginia
“AWESOME SCALLOPS and great bartender”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stopped by this place for a first time on a Saturday afternoon on a holiday weekend. It had been highly recommended. Walked in and saw some local friends. Had a couple drinks (great drink prices for not being any type of special). Bartender was great, decided to order some food. Order the basket of scallops (thought it was a little pricey for a small little place) but it was worth every penny! They tasted great and so did the fries (the fries looked soggy - but were very crisp and flavorful). Will definitely go back again!

• Visited July 2014