“Outdated rooms, not clean or comfortable (not recommend)!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Esta Motel II

Sea Esta Motel II
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Long Neck
NJ
“Outdated rooms, not clean or comfortable (not recommend)!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed room for a Friday and Saturday to attend wedding. They required a 2 night min. stay totaling $300 up front. The room was NON smoking. The room was old, very dirty, the carpet had many cigarette burns and stains in it, the bed sheets were as thin as tissue. The bath was old, faucets were crudy. We went to the store and bought lysol spray and wipes to help sanitize the room. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
I do apologize for your alst stay with us. While we are not a brand new hotel we do everything we can to try to keep it updated and clean. We have been replacing carpets in the rooms that have had issues and we do clean the rooms daily.
I am sorry about your last expereince at the hotel and would like to invite you back to see the improvements since your last visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reading, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

My 14 year old daughter, her friend and myself had reservations to stay at the hotel for four nights. July 15, 2012 to July 19, 2012. On the first and second night that we were there we knew something was biting us but we still had not realized what it was. We figured it was sunburn itch or "no-seeums" (little flies). On the third night I decided to sit up and watch for whatever was biting at my legs, and sure enough after watching for a few minutes I found that it was fleas! Lots of fleas! the next day I went to office and spoke to a gentleman who was soooo nice to me, however, his answer to the problem was to tell house keeping so when they cleaned our room next they could spray stuff in the room to try to "knock down" the infestation. This was not the answer I was expecting nor did I allow them to do that because my daughter is highly asmatic and extremely sensitive to any aerosol products. They could not move us to another room as they were full and would not refund us our money for one night should we have decided to leave. Needless to say we stayed another night and went home severely flea bitten and no matter how much we shook our stuff out and rolled everything up and tied it in bags those fleas came home with us. Allthough fleas were our biggest issue I dont want to forget to mention that our room smelled really bad the whole time we were there (i bought febreeze but that only lasted a little while) AND we were told two of the four days that we were there that we couldn't get clean towels because house keeping didnt have enough to go around. Before I close I want to thank the gentleman (I think his name was Mickey??) for his kindness and trying to help us in spite of having to follow "the policies" and would like to compliment the house keeping lady who did our room as she was a lovely person, HOWEVER, I will be sure to spread the word about our stay there and hope that this establishment will change its "policies" about refunding a customers money when its not the customers fault that their stay was less than satisfactory. I am not finished with my complaint against this motel as I will be in touch with the BBB and any other administrations that may be able to help get my money refunded.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gail D
I am truly sorry about your last stay with us. We do all we can to keep bugs out of our rooms, unfortunutly though is some cases it is our guests who sometimes transport them to us. Since we are a pet freindly hotel we do treat the rooms that have had registered pets in them after they leave each time. But sometimes people do not always tell us they had pets.
I am sorry about your stay though and I do wish you would give us another chance to show you that we can do much better.

Travelers are raving about these Long Neck hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. The desk was open 24 hours which was very useful since we arrived late on Friday night and then came back after a concert on Saturday night. When we checked in the two gentlemen at the desk were welcoming, professional, and very nice. The room was basic, but great for the value. We also really liked having the chairs provided outside to sit and unwind a little bit before heading to bed. As roadside motels go, this one is quite nice. Not too far from the beach, and in a pretty area. Also, right next door there is a man who sells crab cakes and BBQ chicken- made to order- which was awesome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Diannabanana82
Thank you for your nice comments on the site. We try to be an affordable alternative to the higher priced hotels at the ocean. We are very glad that you had a great time with us and look forward to seeing you again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Me and my family enjoy the low crowd areas, and go for the quieter scene. We decided on Long Neck and chose this small motel for the $. For the price, I didnt expect more then basic, but didnt expect to be overcharged either! Then everyone I spoke to seemed to want to think what there records state was right, and my online banking statement was wrong. I booked the room 2 days prior, had to pay 1 night up from, $86 , check in, gentleman stated that there credit card system was down and would run my card later for the other $86. We had a boat to catch, said my receipt will be at the desk that evening when we return. Stopped by the mac machine to withdraw, and noticed my balance was wrong, checked my online banking and there was a charge for $172 from the motel. Addressed the issue, to which went circles around how our system says we only charged $86. Showed my phone with my online banking, and insisted bank made an error. Spent 20 minutes in the office with 2 guys that seemed clueless, half hour on phone with bank, another 10 in motel office today, with another guy that says he's not sure what happened. Thanks for a stressful vacation and a screwing up our spending $, we ate mcds for supper and skipped on mini golf so we can afford to take the ferry to cape may tomorrow and enjoy the rest of our vacation. But if you dare, not bad for the $, the smell of cigarettes lingered, but how can you stop people from doing it, was like a 100 degrees out, you would of thought knowing people are due to check in, the air on would of been nice instead of the window opened. Carpet were questionable and the tile didnt look clean. Shower was very clean, micro, fridge, outside tidy and neat, one bed was ok, the other was wore, could here the springs were broke. overall, all the guys in the office were kind even though I was pissed, they all just blamed it on my bank making an error, and told the people beside us the same thing, check with there bank. If not for being overcharged, I would have came back here in September.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
I am sorry to ehar about your experience at the hotel. Not to make excuses but we did rencelty switch over to a new system at the front desk and apperently not all the kinks had been worked out when you ame in to check in. However, there should not have been any additional charges placed on your credit card because of that. PLease call me and let me know if that did happen and I will make sure it gets corrected ASAP. We do try to offer a great experience to all of our guest and I do apologize again that we did not meet our goals on your stay with us.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you still have any additional charges other than what should have been charged. My email is BMorris@marshallhotels.com.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

This was my 3rd time at Sea Esta II on Long Neck Rd. I have family there and it's covienient for the family stuff. It's always been "OK" but just ok. This stay will be my last. It started on checkin while I had to wait while the clerk prioritized phone reservations over the people waiting to check in. The room smelled of cleaning fluids to the point that I had to go out and buy Febreze to try and make the room bearable.

The carpet was covered in stains from unknown liquids and then there were the flies......paper thin walls and the folks next door must have fallen asleep with the tv on and on it stayed all night.

You'll pay a bit more on Rt. 1 but its worth it.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff S
I am sorry to hear about your last stay. We do strive to make sure that all of our guests have the best expereince they can with out having to worry about thier accomodations. I do truly apologize that we did not meet your expecations. I can assure you though that we do listen to what everyone has to say and we will make sure that your next visit will be back to what you have come to expect from your other stay with us.
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

The only reason I am staying in this motel is because I have to be down here for a wedding. The "special" rate for the wedding was $170/night for a 2 night minimum. I understand that it is Memorial Day weekend, but for a crappy motel at least 20 min from the beach is ridiculous not to mention that another member of the wedding party just showed up with no reservation and got a rate of $99/night. Getting to the motel itself, even the non-smoking rooms have a smokey odor. Also, in my room the bed - 2 beds pushed together only has a sheet to cover the bed, the sheet is too small to cover the whole bed so you end up waking up partially on a scratchy mattress pad. For $99/ night it would be an acceptable choice - for $170/night find somewhere else, even if it's farther from the beach!

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
I am sorry about your past experience at our property, but from what you describe this does not sound like our motel. We do not have beds that are pushed together for form 1 bed unless that is something that the guest staying in the room did. We use fitted sheets on the beds as well; so there would be no way to make the bed if they did not fit. Also the rate you said you paid is not our rate.
We pride ourselves on providing a clean room at a great rate, and even though rates do go up on a Holiday Weekend we do not gouge our rates. If you would like to contact me to be able to give me some more information as to what happened during your stay I would much appreciate the opportunity to be able to talk with you directly. Please feel free to reach me at our main office at 302 227-8199.
Levittown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

We needed a place for three nights for a family wedding. The location was very good for our needs. When we checked in my husband first noticed the overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke in our non-smoking room. Then we noticed the burn marks in the carpet and on the edge of the tub. I could not live with the dirt on the back of the bathroom door and the entrance door. Three minutes with a wet washcloth took care of that. I would have done more cleaning but it annoyed my husband. There were no blankets on the beds, just a sheet and the questionable bedspread. The sheets and bed did appear to be clean. The towels were cleaned but stained and thin. We stayed, the price was right and we had family joining us on the next two nights. I killed a roach in the bathroom the first morning and another bug too, not too happy about that. Also, it appeared that there were homeless families living at the motel. On the last night of our stay there was an attempted break-in to my brother's room while we were out, the office saw it via the security camera's and stopped the break-in, my nephew was very afraid and got very little sleep. When my aunt and uncle's room stunk to high heaven with the "room freshener" used by the cleaning staff - I was glad that we had intercepted the maid and waived her off. The people were very nice, the location was good for us, it was quiet, but the place needs a good cleaning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Susan N
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had at our property. We try to make all of our guest experiences a memorable one that they can look back on with delight. It appears that we did not meet your expectations. I do apologize for this and please if you would give us another chance next time you are coming to the area please contact me directly and I will make sure that we show you that we are much better than your last experience.
Next time you book with us please let me know at the time of your booking or simply ask to speak with me. I d look forward to making you next experience at Sea Esta one that will last for good reasons instead.

Brandon Morris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Neck
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#13 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#17 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
#3 of 13 in Dewey Beach
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area

Been to Sea Esta Motel II? Share your experiences!