“Nice King Room for a Reasonable Price”
Review of Sea Esta Motel II

Sea Esta Motel II
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Long Neck
Wilmington, Delaware
“Nice King Room for a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Very comfy bed, had micro and frig to save on meals. FREE Wifi to keep in touch with office, I loved it for the price. Will stay again.
NON smoking room, but provide a chair and ash tray to smoke outside your door. A+

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DEBusinessGuy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Smokey non smoking room, even have a planter ash tray outside your door. Sand paper towels, big 19 inch tv....

desk staff. Oh yeah it was "cheap". Anywhere else you find has to be a upgrade

Room Tip: Stay away
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Scalies3

Travelers are raving about these Long Neck hotels

Harwinton, Connecticut
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This might be an acceptable place for solitary travelers or young marrieds. I am a man in my sixties and was traveling with my sister, also in her sixties, and we expected some degree of privacy. We did get separate beds, but that's about it. You can't get dressed in the bathroom, which consists of a toilet and a shower stall -- no sink! The large vanity and mirror are in the main sleeping area, wide open to view, even to people in the parking lot, if the door or the blinds open.

I had to sneak up in the early morning to shave while my sister slept, and I had to do so with the light off. We both had to leave the building in order to give the other some privacy to dress. Apparently, all rooms are designed like this. In a room near ours, a young boy opened the door while I was walking from the car and I caught an unintended glimpse of his father pulling on his trousers inside a room that should have had walls for privacy. I hope the guy didn't see me see him! I sure hope I can forget it.

I did get a kick out of seeing an old pair of boots sitting outside room 165, as if the lodger expected some concierge to whisk them away, shine them and return them by morning! Good luck with that. (See photo.)

Our room had a small television (not HD), an iron, a microwave, a refrigerator and plenty of drawer space. There was a coffee pot with complimentary coffee and creamers, etc. It is indeed an acceptable place for one person who is not fussy about amenities. There is a nice pool, but I did not have a chance to sample it. There is virtually no place outside to sit and read in comfort -- just a metal chair outside your room, and no shade from the hot sun or protection from rain.

There is no place on-site to eat. There is a pizza place across the street advertising two large cheese pizzas for $21, which doesn't sound like much of a deal. There is also a place nearby called No Idea Restaurant and Club, but I cannot vouch for anything about it beyond the originality of the name.

Bottom line: You can probably do better elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010
Connecticut
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This is an older property which has not been updated. The bathroom consists of a tub, toilet, and door. The sink is not in the bathroom, but is outside it, so if you want to wash your hands, you do so in the tub. I stayed there with my brother and we had to schedule shower times, and one of us had to leave the hotel room to allow for privacy. There is no lounge, so one of us was outside in the hot Delaware sun.

The property has a refrigerator, microwave, iron, and coffeemaker. There is no tea--bring your own. They do supply coffee and the sugar/creamer packages. Soap, shampoo and conditioner complete the amenities. We had to ask for hangers. The toilet paper is single ply.

They bill your credit card for the first night as soon as your reserve the room. They bill for the second night upon check-in. They have a no refund policy. I don't know what their cancellation policy is. The office is closed in the mornings.

There is no restaurant on site. There is a pizza place across the street, and there are some eateries. There are three nearby grocery stores.

There are a lot of families staying there, and the kids seemed to be having a good time. I didn't swim, but the pool looked nice. There is no lifeguard.

One of the other guests went into the room and the smoke detector was making a low noise, so he took the battery out. There was no fire, but the battery should have been changed.

The air conditioner had been on before we entered the room, so the room temperature was comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010
Manassas , Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I was in town for a wedding and was pleased with the location. The room was nice and the only problem I had was I thought the door needed to be caulked or sealed a little better as there was a gap. Traveling alone I wasn't too thrilled with that, but all in all it was a nice place and the price was reasonable.

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank OuterbanksGirl
PA
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We came down on a Thursday night and stayed until Sunday for a baseball tournament, the rooms we're very clean and the staff was friendly, the little fridge kept our food very cold and it had a microwave. For the price we paid, which was very reasonable, the motel was well worth it, i would stay here again. The pool was very clean. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quiet place to sleep and only 20 min from the beach.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank jmper4u
eASTERN pa
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Went with friends to enjoy a leisure weekend. The rooms were very clean, the staff was very helpful and friendly. The outdoor pool was nice and roomy. Would come back again when in the area. Close to restaurants, great out of the way place for a nice get-away.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank BEACHDUDE2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Neck
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#18 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Fenwick Inn
Fenwick Inn
#22 of 103 in Ocean City

Been to Sea Esta Motel II? Share your experiences!