All reviews wine and beer beach chairs bottled water dog lola largo room key lime key west snacks and drinks bright colors laid back porch swing eclectic decor quiet street welcoming place thought of everything downtown lewes b and b
Reviewed September 21, 2015 via mobile

Funky B&B in Lewes, Deleware. About 3 blocks from Beach. 9 rooms with balconies, chairs and table. I think you could spend weeks here and not see all the art. Breakfast was made to order. Wine and Beer in the evening. Short walk to town which was quaint and quiet. Small family owned restaurants which were crowded because the good was excellent. Host and Hostess go out of their way to make your stay exceptional. Complimentary bikes,beach towels and water.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2015

When I first walked in, I said to Rick, "You could teach the Marriott a thing or two." That's because he's done away with cookie-cutter service & amenities. When was the last time you walked into a place where the proprietor said, "Take all the (free) water you like. Take all the candies you like. Do you need some suntan lotion? Beach chairs?" Rick is generous & kind. My son showed an interest in a fish sculpture on the front desk. Rick insisted I take it, put it in my bag, & give it to my son when we got home as a gift. Who does this? This is a guy who knows how to run a B&B. And this is a B&B equal to Rick in its charm & comfort. Listen, folks, I never take the time to write a review about anything. I'm doing for Rick & The Blue Water House because it's that special.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Joshuapatrickferris
Reviewed September 14, 2015

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Walking distance to excellent restaurants, (Agave, Half Full Pizza) the beach. Ferry and Cape Henlopen State Park a short bike ride. Bikes provided free by the hotel. We had a great time, and only had to bring our clothes! We could have spent all day inside looking at the awesome decor. Friendly staff and excellent breakfasts!

Room Tip: Key West room sees the sunset, Islamorda sees the sunrise.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2015

if you want to relax, feel comfortable and walk to downtown Lewes and the beach... This your place to stay! Made to order breakfast service every day. All the units have an outside balcony with table and chairs. Afternoon relax with wine, beer or soda, complimentary. There is an interesting loft on the top floor with a 360 view, reading, chess or just relax.

Worth a stay!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more private and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2015

My family just spent five wonderful nights at the Blue Water House, and we wouldn't have changed a thing. The room was beautiful, comfortable, and spacious, the location ideal. Rick and Ali were perfect hosts. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family