“a gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Rodney

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lewes
Hotel Rodney
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewes
New York City, New York
“a gem”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I usually stay at the Rodney whenever we are in the Lewes/Rehoboth area. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Lewes and the historic district, within walking distance to restaurants, shops, and churches and a 5-10 minute drive to Lewes Beach. Rodney is a gem. The rooms are smallish, but well-appointed and comfortable. There is a well-equipped workout room and free WiFi in the lobby. Everything is clean, clean, clean. Service is friendly. Free parking is behind the hotel. Discounts are available during off season

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank R L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We found this quaint boutique hotel via Groupon.
I went with a group of friends/ couples as a weekend get away March 15, 2013. This hotel is best for couples looking to get away and spend some quality time. I will tell you the walls are paper thin. You hear everything. The hotel is extremely clean, beautiful and the staff was very friendly. The TV in the room is small, but made no difference since we spent lil time in our rooms.
The hotel is in the heart of the town with great restaurants and shops.

I will definitely return with my boyfriend.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PA
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I stayed here for a weekend in February. Although I have been to Lewis many times on fishing excursions, I never knew this hotel or little market area existed. Thanks to A Groupon deal, a 2 night stay here seemed very affordable-almost too good to be true. Upon booking, the hotel told us the Groupon was good for executive (twin bed) or Delux (queen bed) but that the Delux was sold out. Being that there are only 20 rooms in the hotel it was understandable but I was still skeptical that it was a bait and switch tactic by the hotel only to fill rooms that would otherwise go unbooked. To my surprise we were upgraded to a Deluxe as one became avail upon our arrival.

This is a small boutique hotel...modern in design but small in stature. Also the Hotel was built in 1926...the infrastructure is old as is the elevator and wooden floors (more on this later). But this is also what gives the hotel its charm along with the graveyard across the street from the hotel where the hotel's namesake's remains are buried...or at least that is what I understood from the literature in the room.

The hotel staff was very pleasant, the hotel is right in the heart of market street where foodies will enjoy a handfull of restaurants even the most discerning foodie would appreciate...Italian, Mexican, Spanish, Seafood, Breakfast...you can find it within footsteps of the hotel. There is a great little gym in the basement with big screen tv, free weights a bench, treadmill and eliptical. There is a pleasant lobby with wi-fi and the new Rose and Crown restaurant and bar is found bordering the lobby.

The elevator is very tiny and one of the old fashioned ones with a gate and call button. Very cool to ride in but not convenient. Also the elevator can be heard all night if your room is close to it. Basically everything can be heard in your room from outside chatter, to the noise coming from the Rose and Crown bar, to the creaky wooden floors, to the couple above you having a marathon romp at 2 in the morning. ALL CAN BE HEARD!! But again my wife and I found it all charming and didnt take away from our experience.

I'd recommend this hotel for couples looking for a place to go to enjoy some history, a quiet beach vacation, or a foodie weekend. The hotel will not dissapoint those open to something non conventional. If you are a chain hotel person or dont think you can deal with hearing the other guests during the night, this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank chrishbrown
Harbeson, Delaware
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We wanted to do something different this year so we booked ourselves in to the Hotel Rodney for a two night stay, despite the fact we only live 8 miles from the hotel. Its the perfect location for enjoying all the great shops in Lewes, the lovely neighborhoods to walk through, and the numerous yummy restaurants to eat. The newly opened Rose & Crown, a Jay Caputo venue is the perfect way to start your evening with their 4-6 Happy Hour, with discounts on house wines, draught beers (including the local yummy-Dog Fish and 16 Mile) and rail drinks, there usually is one appetizer special.) Its located just outside the lobby of the Hotel Rodney. There is a wonderful fitness center in the hotel and they have bikes to rent by the hour or by the day. Once you arrive and park the car, you won't need it again till you leave this magical location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren, Ohio
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have never signed up to do Trip Advisor before, and just had to after recently visiting Lewes, DE and Hotel Rodney. I have been coming to Lewes/Rehoboth for 20 plus years, but normally just renting a house during the summer months. I got the urge to get away and go see the ocean, so I looked up local hotels and stumbled upon Hotel Rodney. It looked beautiful from the pictures I reviewed, and when I called to inquire, the front desk receptionist was kind, helpful, and I knew this was the right fit. Upon arrival, I found no problems finding a place to park, ( lots of off street parking, as well as a few Hotel Rodney spots, as well as the bank lot and free parking lot located next to the M&T Bank) and the front desk clerk even helped me with my bag. Walking into the hotel, it smelled lovely, like freshly mopped floors, and the aroma coming from the pub (Rose & Crown) was mouth watering. After check in, I went up to my room, which was an executive room, with one double bed.... the room was so quaint and homey. Perfect view and a great bed! The bathroom was just right, and the decor made me feel like I was in a New York City hotel, (exactly what the description of the hotel stated). The room was perfect, the staff was wonderful, the over all stay was just what I needed. I will most definitely be back, and I will be sure to tell everyone I know what a great experience I had. Kudos to you all at the Hotel Rodney, and cant wait to see you all again in the spring!

Room Tip: The executive is perfect for a solo trip The deluxe and corner deluxe are larger and better for cou...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Jackie S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Had been here years ago with a friend and my toddler before its makeover/ownership change, and had fond memories. We had secured the room for two nights through Groupon, and were assigned a double executive room. Before reserving, I asked about the possibility of an upgrade (75 a night), which I offered to pay for. Unfortunately, all they could do was place us on a wait list, saving "better" rooms in case "regular customers" wanted them. As I was first on this waitlist, I was informed the chances of successfully upgrading were very good. Alas, no better room became available. The tiny room had a very uncomfortable bed.. So, we hardly slept. Our room overlooked the roof, and had no coffeemaker, and the tv was tiny too. Good points: The service was friendly, with good housekeeping. Parking was free, and the lobby did have a fireplace. We ate at the restaurant on site, a convenience given the snow. Still, we won't try again...too many other nice places to go.

• Stayed February 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love the Hotel Rodney -- a quaint hotel -- and we love Lewes too! We've stayed here over new year's for two years now. The rooms are always clean, the beds very comfortable and the atmosphere always upbeat! Lewes has a lot to offer and the Rodney is centrally located and now has a very cool bar/bistro on the main level. You can eat there, or try one of the many restaurants downtown Lewes has to offer. The staff is always friendly and the lobby and the whole place feels like home!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chris g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewes
Hotel Blue
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
#5 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#14 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Hotel Rodney? Share your experiences!