“Great Fishing, best crew yet”

Fisherman's Wharf Cruises & Fishing Center
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Lewes
Titusville, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fishing, best crew yet”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Been fishing on head/open boats for 30 years and this was one of the best experiences I've had. Great, friendly and knowledgeable crew were happy to take the time to help. Plenty of fish- my son caught 2 fish on the same line! We will be making this a family tradition.

1 Thank Russell S

Washington DC, District of Columbia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Sunset Cruise - annual tradition”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The sunset cruise has become an annual tradition! At $15 for adult and $10 for kids, the 2-hour cruise (7-9 pm) is a great bargain - they take you out through Lewes Canal to the Bay and near the lighthouses...and you watch the colors in the sky change, simply stunning! The captain gives a little bit of history but not too much talking (esp. on the way back). Take a sweater along - it can get quite breezy out on the water - but you can also sit in the inside compartment.

1 Thank JWUSA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“"Amazing time, amazing crew, great memories!"”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Fishermans warf is deffinetly the place to go when you are down in lewes Delaware. My family and I went on the 8-12:30 half day fishing trip. The boat had 2 fabulous crew mates who helped you with everything, from putting bait on your rod to taking your fish off the hook. They even bagged them for you and put them in a large cooler. The captain was great and we were accompined by his golden lab stormy. He was so cute and funny running around the boat greeting everyone! We caught a lot of fish, and won the pot. It was such a Great time for the whole family that we went back for a second trip that week! You get everything and more then what you paid for! I would deffinetly reccomend this to everyone! Even girls! I didn't think I would like fishing but it was the best time I had all week!

2 Thank mmollyh22
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing place for everyone!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This by far the best deep sea fishing trip I have been on. The crew was friendly the prices are good and they have a playful Labrador stormy that accompanied us on the boat. The crew does everything for you. They unhook your fish bag it fillet it put new hooks on your rod untangle it. Everything. We liked it so much that we went twice in 3 days. Everybody should tryout this place. It's the best!

2 Thank Raddam141
New Oxford, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience as always.”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have been coming to Fishermans Wharf in Lewes since I was around 10. At the age of 30 now and having three boys of my own who can enjoy a good time on the boat fishing, I have made it a point to call all summer to check if the croakers where in yet since this is the main fish the half day fishing boat catches. They were honsest all year telling us we wouldn't catch much on the half day until they arrived when I called and was told they had arrived we planned to make our visit before the week was over. We departed the dock at about 8:10 which is resonable if you ask me. Once we began fishing we had a fabulous time. My boys truely had a blast. The mates were kind and knowledgeable. When ever a blowfish was caught there was no hesitation to blow it up just to show the kids. When we arrived back to the dock a mate and the captain cleaned our catch for us and we even got a complementary fish feeding show and retriever show(dog playing fetch). Afterwards we enjoyed a great lunch at the new and improved Wharf restaurant. If you haven't been to the wharf before be sure to go!

2 Thank Chris212155