“Way Overrated”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped in the restaurant around 5PM after a round of golf and it was nearly empty. So we thought the service would be fast - NOT! Not only that, but they served 3 thinly sliced pieces of white bread while we had drinks and waited for appetizers. The appetizer we tried was steamed clams in tomato, jaelopena sauce and it was less than ordinary. Next we tried the shrimp, chorizo grits entrée and once again it was less than ordinary. The grits were swimming in the plate and the shrimp were barely cooked. To top it all off, the table had no tablecloth, just a plain fomica-like table top. For the prices they charged we would have been better served going to chick-fil-aor some other fast food joint. The wine list provided a varied selection, but it too was overpriced. All in all, this place needs to be seriously re-evaluated.

2  Thank Ron01062012
Michael D, Manager at Fish On, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hi Ron

Thanks for joining us at Fish On. I'm sorry that your experience fell short of our normally high standards. I would like to send you a gift card for you to use the next time you are in town. If you could forward me your address either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com, I will get it in the mail to you as soon as possible. I look forward to the opportunity to earn you back.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were on vacation and had reservations at another restaurant outside. It rained so we decided to go back to Fish On because we had such a great experience the first time. When we arrived there were 2 parties ahead of us, but there were open tables. They said they don't take reservations. We were a party of 7-four adults and three kids. There was seating in what they call the bar area, but the seats have no backs. The tables that were open were still open. The seating was too uncomfortable and little dangerous for children. They came back to us and asked if we wanted to sit right in front at a high bar table, so we did. It was fine but people who walked in after us got seated in the dining room and they had just as large party as we did. The bartender was our server. He did a great job considering he was busy. The food was outstanding.

Hi Pam

Thanks for joining us at Fish On. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, but I'm sorry that you felt like the FOH disappointed you. We always want every aspect of your visit to wow you & make you count the minutes until you come back. I would like to send you a gift card so that you can join us again the next time you are in the area & we can give you the experience both you and we expect every time. If you could forward me your address either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com, I will get it in the mail to you as soon as possible.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I ordered the scallops. I thought mashed potatoes was an odd pairing but the mashed potatoes came with bacon, fresh sweet corn, and some sort of green I can't remember). They were delicious as were the scallops. I didn't order an appetizer but my husband got some steamed shrimp and shared a few. They were huge... and delicious. While waiting for our food, I saw several people receive one of the daily specials- a tomato salad with bleu cheese. Disappointed that I forgot to order this, I took one home and had it the next day. The tomatoes seemed very fresh and tasty; not your "run of the mill" bleu cheese either- very flavorful. Not to be gross but to show how much I enjoyed the food, in spite of getting sick that evening (which had to do with a medication I was taking and nothing to do with the food) I thought to myself "darn it! that was a really good meal!"

Hi!

Thanks for joining us at Fish On & for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm so sorry that you didn't feel well during your visit, but I'm glad that you still enjoyed yourself (& the tomato salad the next day!). If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com.

Thanks again

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Bread was warm and fresh served with real butter. Rock bass amazing and lobster bisque tasty. The only disappointment was the beef steak tomatoe appetizer. The tomatoes were not ripe and should not have been served as such. Will go back.

Michael D, Manager at Fish On, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Hi

Thanks for joining us at Fish On & for taking the time to share your experience with the users of the TripAdvisor community. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your meal, and I wholehearted agree that we should not have used unripe tomatoes on the salad! If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com. Hope to see you again soon.

Thanks!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We gave it a try last evening, and ordered light and simple, as we usually do when in a restaurant for the first time. My oysters on the half were perfect. My wife's beet salad was tasty, and my Caesar would have ranked higher, had the greens been a bit more fresh and crisp. We will return and try a full dinner next time.

Hi Chuck

Thanks for giving us a shot at Fish On! I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed your expereince with us. I promise next time the lettuce will be crunchy & fresh!! If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TripAdvisor message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com.

Mike Dickinson

Been to Fish On? Share your experiences!