“We loved the bison burger!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of JD's Cafe on Savannah - CLOSED

JD's Cafe on Savannah
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3 Doors Down from Fire Company 1 Block South of Beebe Hospital
Description: Innovative and Creative cafe serving Traditional American Breakfast includes Fresh Blueberry Pancakes...Eggs Benedict or Stuffed Omelets till 2:30pm Lunch includes handmade burgers with lots of toppings, try a Spinach or Caesar Salad. Av ocado BLT...Asian Tuna Wrap Our New Taste & Mains Dinner Menu available from 5pm Nightly includes French Bean or Artisan Salads...Colvine Farms Bison Burgers....Blackened Shrimp & Scallops..>Chicken Oscar with traditional hollandaise sauce or Chicken Mafioso. Try our NY Strip Au Poive or Hand-cut Filet Mignon. Our Chef's desserts include Creme Brulee...Seasonal Bread Pudding or Chocolate Truffle Cake. Check out our fully stocked bar with Craft Beers and our extensive wine list.
Alexandria, VA
“We loved the bison burger!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We loved the bison burger with the Colvine Bison Farm meat, but the fries were mediocre. The regular fries were soggy and the sweet potato fries had cinnamon sugar which didn't appeal to our palate---too sweet rather than savory. Next time we plan to order a salad instead of the fries.
We liked the new decor that we noticed immediately since the last visit when we had breakfast.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Made a late booking via Open Table on a Saturday evening for 4 people.

Welcome and service were impeccable in what to me seems like a recently made over operation. Small but interesting wine list and a relatively small menu. Everyone in our party was extremely happy with their selections.

Not cheap but certainly very good value for what we had and the location.

Great job!

Cornelius, North Carolina
“Great find!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We recently went to JD's for dinner while on vacation at Lewes Beach. What a great little place!
I had the lobster and got two large lobster tails for an amazing price! They were cooked perfectly and more than I could eat. My husband had a steak and my daughter pasta. Both of their meals were wonderful as well. We were all quite happy with our food. Our waitress was very pleasant quite attentive even though she had another large table. We started by ordering a couple of flights of wine. My only suggestion would be a larger wine menu since they are offering flights.
We will be back!

Lewes, Delaware
“Good Food and atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

As their hours and menu seems to change through the year, I'll just describe my last dinner there, which was Surf and Turf. I believe it consisted of a 6 oz Filet migon, and a 6 oz cold water Lobster Tail. It was delicious, cooked perfectly and cost $35.00 - the most I can remember spending for a dinner, but was worth it. Parking is limited, but it is within easy walking distance for people living near the center of town.

Visited March 2014
Washington, DC
“Still thinking about that canadian bacon!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I am a happy girl! Day started off right with breakfast here! Should have walked, it is so close to the little downtown. Waitress was attentive and so sweet without being overbearing. She honored a special order breakfast sandwich (I'm traveling with a picky 14 year old!) with ease. And my Eggs Benedict was perfectly cooked with thick slices of a smoky grilled canadian bacon. Yum! I had one tiny issue about the food presentation which the waitress addressed quickly and apologetically...and then the manager came over too! The extra attention was really not necessary but very appreciated! This place knows food AND customer service!! I took a peek at their lunch menu because Im going back!