“Nice Breakfast”

Bob Evans
Ranked #52 of 89 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Bob Evans offers a nice breakfast menu at reasonable prices, The food is very good. Their eggs seem to taste better than most places we go, for some strange reason. I love their bacon. The French Toast with blueberry topping is the way to start your day. The coffee is good, but today I had a fairly long wait for a refill.
Overall, the service was good. The staff was friendly. The entire restaurant is clean and inviting.
They presently have a special soup takeout offer for $5 and change. The soup is delicious and the portion is large. This is a nice lunch carryout option.
We will be back.

1  Thank denmiller2003

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I frequently go to this Bob Evans for lunch as it is near my office. They have good service and all the wait staff are very nice. If you ask for something extra or made a certain way, they always accommodate it. I wish they had real butter but that is probably a corporate policy they cannot do anything about. Otherwise a great deal for the price.

1  Thank shirley0415
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We got tired of the Continental Breakfast at our hotel and decided to walk over there for breakfast. I love sausage gravy w/biscuits. I was not impressed at all with theirs. I didn't remember until I got it that I didn't like it last year. Next time I will definitely get something different. My husband enjoyed his eggs and bacon.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I live near this Bob Evans and, when I'm out and about shopping or in between volunteer jobs, this is one of my go-to places to stop and eat. That's not because the food is the best anywhere, but more due to other issues, like:

1. Free wifi.
2. Friendly staff.
3. Good service (they check back to refill coffee, see if you need anything else, etc.).
4. Convenient (right on Route 1, near home, across from Midway Movie Theatres and across from SuperFresh if I need to pick up a few groceries while I'm out).

I always get a smile and greeting from the hostess when I arrive, I ask for my favorite server (Shirley, though most of them are good) and usually sit in a booth (they have a mixture of booths and tables). Most of the servers are friendly (if not downright perky--I'm talking about you, Miss Shirley!) and, when I pay my bill up front, I get another smile and a "Have a nice day" there as well.

There is generally little (if any) wait to be seated for lunch (though don't expect that on Sunday morning!) and the server usually hits the table soon thereafter to see what you want to drink. If you're ready to order when your beverage arrives, you won't have to wait for her to order. If it's particularly busy, you may need to flag down a server from time to time, but otherwise service is quite good.

They have a special menu for seniors (over 55) and also have some healthier stuff on the menu for those watching their hearts or waistlines. On the other end of the spectrum, there are plenty of down-home favorites like open faced sandwiches and chicken pot pie for those who wish to indulge.

For breakfast, there is a range of options from cinnamon pancakes (a MUST TRY in my book!) to omelets and oatmeal. If I'm doing breakfast, it's usually either the cinnamon pancakes or the Rise n' Shine, which is their most popular eggs, meat, hashbrowns and toast meal. Coffee is pretty good too.

I find the prices pretty much in line with diner-type restaurants.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We enjoy going to Bob Evans for breakfast our food is always plentiful and hot. The lunch menu has a great selection of soups salads and sandwiches so that everyone can find something to eat.

Been to Bob Evans? Share your experiences!