“Simple Food”

Cuisines: American
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Simple Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I wanted a good meat and potatoes meal..not fancy or saucy..Had a turkey dinner with veggies..Excellent turkey dinner and the service was great..

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ChrisAllentown_Pa

Pennsylvania
“Glad We Gave This A Try”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have never tried a Bob Evans Restaurant. While visiting friends in Lewes they suggested we go there for lunch. As soon as we opened the menu we were happy campers. The selections were great and the prices were reasonable. Out of the 4 of us. Three decided on the soup, salad and choice of breads. This was less then 7 dollares. You had a choice ofrom at least 6 different types of soup. I had the cheddar cheese potatoe. Way good. My husband the only different one in the group had the chicken pot pie, he said it was delicious and he is fussy about his pot pies. They also gave you a choice of breads. I settled for the cherry bread and the others had biscuits. Again you had a choice of at least 5 different breads. Yummy. Service was great.

It was a cold night and we were staying at the Heritage Inn we decided it was such a good lunch we we walk over and try it for dinner. This way we didn't have to get back in the car as we had been out all day. Good choice again. We had the $9.99 Special, which included soup or a salad a choice of at least 5 entrees and dessert. We both had soup and chopped steak with mashed potatoes with great gravy. Now you had 4 desserts to choice from I settled on the carmel sundae and my husband the lemon cream pie.
Good thing we had a little walk back to our hotel because we were full. Again the service and quality of food was great.
From now on I will be checking to see if a Bob Evans is in the area I am vacationing. Give it a try.

• Visited March 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Always Good Breakfast Food, Fast Service”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I planned to stop here before shopping the outlets on our way from Wilmington to Ocean City. We love Sausage Gravy and Biscuits and ordered that, coffee, and hot chocolate. The sausage gravy was great as usual (but not healthy I'm sure), the coffee was good and hot, and the hot chocolate was "the best" my wife has ever had.

The service was good. Our food came out exceptionally quickly. We were in and out of the restaurant in less than a half hour. I'm sure you could spend more time if you wanted, but it suited us well. We both love Bob Evans Breakfasts and would come here again.

• Visited October 2012
Delaware
“Very good and quick meal”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Choose this since it was close to my hotel. Very clean, seated immedaitely. Waitress with friendly and knowledgeable about menu. Would recommend and return.

Visited October 2012
Washington DC
“about what I expected - not great”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to Bob Evans for breakfast after a 10 a.m. check-out time at our beach rental. It was nearby - but that's about the best thing about it. There are just two juice options, orange or apple. The multi-grain pancakes would have been fine as far as flavor goes, but they were somewhat underdone, oddly moist in the middle. The hash browns accompanying the eggs are factory-made potato cubes, not bad but weird and sub-yummy. The server neglected to bring us silverware! After we sat looking at our food for a while, I finally went to ask for forks and napkins! In sum, the food was below average and the service was just plain poor.

• Visited August 2012

Been to Bob Evans? Share your experiences!