“Best Crabs in Lewes/Rehobeth area!”

Lazy Susan's Seafood Deli
Ranked #36 of 95 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We were down this weekend and my fiancee love Maryland Blue Crabs. We tried Crabby Dicks on Friday evening and they weren't bad, but just didn't do the job.

I asked around and one of the local employees from the outlets said that Lazy Susan's was a great place. We went Saturday evening around 8:00pm (parking lot full = good sign) and entered into a great place: bright, energetic, crabs, beer and sports. Family atmosphere but you are there for the crabs.

They came out red hot and in the box. Just crack 'em and eat 'em. Please note that we both ordered a dozen crabs, so don't be blown away by the price.

Just a head's up, Lazy Susan's does not provide nut crackers, so, you'll just have a mallet and knives.

Overall, the crabs were fantastic. Real sweet meat and great sizes for early in the season. Staff was very friendly and it's just great to crack 'em on the brown paper, push aside the "carnage" and keep on devouring those tasty little fellas!

Thanks for a great meal!

1  Thank frankieivfingers

Reviewed August 10, 2009

My family and I visited this highly recommended restaurant during our recent visit to the Delaware coast. I was eager to consume fresh blue crabs before returning to California. We dined on a Friday night and it was apparent from the beginning that the restaurant suffered from an insufficient number of servers. We waited over 35 minutes for a table and eventually we made our way to the covered patio. The decor is fairly typical of eastern shore crab shacks- paper tablecloths, picnic tables. The menu was simple and featured a strange mixture of seafood and pizza (strange!) and canned and draught beer (nothing noteworthy). We came for the crabs so we ordered a dozen at $35 for 12 medium sized crabs. Because we arrived hungry, we ordered a app of fried and bbq clams. Food runners hastily tossed our orders on our table without sauce or lemon (fried clams). The fried clams were chewy and tasted of grease. We waited over an hour for our crabs and when we inquired about their arrival we were told that the kitchen was delayed. Eventually we walked out of Lazy Susan's $30 lighter, hungry for crabs knowing we would never be back. This restaurant needs to get its act together and its patron s need to demand better service and product.

Reviewed August 4, 2009

Rehoboth Beach, DE: Lazy Susan's

Good crabs, friendly service and cold beer! What more do you need?

1  Thank GreenBeetle
Reviewed July 9, 2009

My husband and I have been coming here for years. I have never had a "sour" crab, as usually happens with at least one in a batch at any other typical crab house. When I say Crab House, I mean Crab House. There are no frills, but who wants frills when you have crab slop running down your arms? The service is always great and sides good as well. Crabs are always fat and HOT and prices reasonable for seafood! All our friends who come to Lewes, hit Lazy Susans as well as many locals. Great atmosphere. Best in town, hands down for the real thing.

1  Thank RHenry
Reviewed June 17, 2009

It had been a while since we'd visited Lazy Susan's and thought we'd try the new location with our daughters. While I expected a casual and no frills atmosphere, I did not expect the food to be so substandard. The crabcakes were not good at all, which was very surprising for a restaurant whose claim to fame is crabs. Probably could have been okay with that, except for the unfriendliness of our waitress, Missy. Perhaps she was more interested in leaving for the night than a good tip. Our meal was $82 which could have been better spent at many other restaurants in the Lewes/Rehoboth area, which we often patronize. Too bad we won't be patronizIng this one again.

Been to Lazy Susan's Seafood Deli? Share your experiences!