“food and service were excellent”
Review of Cafe Azafran - CLOSED

Cafe Azafran
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Tall Timbers, Maryland
“food and service were excellent”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A group of 4 ate dinner here, sharing tapas and a bottle of wine. The 5 dishes of tapas that we ordered were all in the very good-excellent range. The portions were large enough, so that we only ordered one dessert--the ample chocolate sampler---an outstanding ending. The amibiance was also fine, and the service was attentive and courteous. I'd definitely go again.

• Visited October 2012

Oakland, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Tapas”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I love tapas!!! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and we have great choices in the tapas department. I was thoroughly delited and surprised to find such a wonderfully delicious place to eat in the small town of Lewes!!! It is definitely worth checking out.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent dinner spot”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Four of us enjoyed a great dinner at the Cafe. It is not cheap, but the food is wonderful. The pork was moist and tender and my wife is still raving about the crab cakes.

Heidelberg, Germany
“One of the best restaurants in Lewes”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We think Azafran and Agave are your best bets in Lewes. We have eaten at Azafran three times and return each time we visit Lewes. TIP: Ask to sit on outdoor patio and try the Sangria!

Falls Church, Virginia
“Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing? Lunch review only”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

In Lewes for vacation last week and read so many good reviews about Azafran that we decided to pick up a few of their sandwiches as our last vacation lunch. I got a sandwich that read really well on the menu - roasted vegetables, mozarella, basil, etc. and my husband got a cup of the turkey chowder soup special and the panini. We were both pretty disappointed, sadly - the sandwiches were OK at best but certainly nothing to get excited about. My husband did say that the specials he saw on display when he picked up our order looked much better than what we ended up with. So I guess I would give this another try if the occasion arose, but would order very carefully based on what they were featuring or what was recommended.

Visited August 2012