“Great food, slow service”
Review of Striper Bites

Striper Bites
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Lewes
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Our favorite appetizer is the nachos. They are crisp and filled with cheese. We ask for all the other toppings on the side so everyone gets what they want.

For the main course, we usually get the Lewes Rockfish, Salmon, Tuna on any of the salads or the hamburger. We have never had an entree that we didn't like and some, we love.

The kids menu items are made to the same high standards as the main menu and are therefore delicious.

“Great food and drinks!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch after trip to DE on ferry. Seafood sandwiches were terrific! Drinks hit the spot. Service was fast - great place!!

1 Thank Dbseagle
Charleston, West Virginia
“Lifesaver with 3 adult children who are picky eaters”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Showed up on a rainy weeknight with 3 grumpy adult children on vacation. Had read mixed reviews, but I like to support local restaurants. What a wonderful and satisfying meal. My gluten-free child enjoyed bacon-wrapped scallops and seared tuna salad, my picky son enjoyed nachos and fish sandwich, my discriminating oldest had mussels and seafood platter, and I had the blackened tuna pasta. everything was made-to-order, fresh and delicious. It was definitely a wonderful bargain find.

NYS
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Striper Bites”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a long wait for a table, so it would be best to make reservations. The food was excellent; delicious and presented well. This was well worth the cost.

Visited July 2013
Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,809 helpful votes
“Good LOCAL rockfish & amaretto chicken”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went here for dinner the other night. When we arrived we were greeted & given the choice of dining inside, outside or on their porch. We chose inside & were seated immediately. Our drink order was taken & a basket of bread was brought to the table. We ordered the rockfish special, the amaretto chicken and the SB house salad. Meanwhile, we snacked on the bread & olive oil. The bread was decent. I asked for some butter for the bread instead of olive oil. The sweet butter was delicious!

Our orders were out to us pretty quickly. All the entrees were very appealing. Everyone was happy with their selection. We felt the portion sizes were decent. In terms of taste, the food was all very good. I enjoyed my amaretto chicken. The sauce was VERY sweet & I was glad that I had asked for it to be "on the side". I used it as a dipping sauce. I liked the crispy almond coating on the chicken. It was delish. The mashed potatoes were also delicious. I just wish there were more of them since they were so good. My husband loved his rockfish special. It is local caught fish and very fresh! He said it was fantastic. The other guest in our party enjoyed their Striper Bites House salad. She said the dressing was very good. Plus it was a decent size. She took half of it home!

Overall we had a good experience with Striper Bites. The food was REALLY good. The portion sizes were decent. The prices were a tad high, but the quality of the food made up for the price. The service was fast & friendly. The atmosphere was relaxed & casual. We really enjoyed our time with Striper Bites & look forward to our next dining experience!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank daisyferret1

Been to Striper Bites? Share your experiences!