“A good local stop”

Annabella's Restaurant & Bakery
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've always heard about this restaurant and passed it a million times during the summer when it's full of cars, but the tourist season is over and we happened to be in the area and tried it. It's more a family or laid back type of place, nothing really fancy. There were only 3 other patrons there, but it might have been because who eats out on Halloween night at about 8pm. We were seated upon entering and given the menus.I ordered chicken picate with pasta. It was very tender and flavorful. My gf had a dish with plenty of schrimp,scallops,chicken,& mushroom over a lemon pasta with crushed tomato sauce. She like tons of thick sauce and was served a large bowl of marina sauce on the side. The chef did a great job of modifying our selections to our taste. The only thing was both pastas were a bit rubbery but still o.k.
They had a nice $3 salad selection and a great $5 martini. Service was a bit on the slow side, but our waiter a young man was overly helpful. Any time he didn't know the answer he asked someone else and got back to us. I think he was new to this position and in time will do a fine job. He was very polite.
All in all I found it enjoyable. Even the leftovers made a good lunch the next day. If I'm in the area, I'd stop again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Terrible ! Trust me, I am Italian and the pasta is NOT homemade. That is the least of the bad experience. The food was not even eatable. We had to leave all of it. I had purchased an online offer so could not get a refund. What a disappointment. I was treating my friend that day, and had to go home and cook a meal because we could not eat the food. Even the salad was bad. The place was also smelly and empty. I had to stay and try the food because I pre-paid. Never again will I do that !

2  Thank Deedee S
annabellas09, Owner at Annabella's Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your visit to Annabella's. We do put a lot of pride into what we serve our customers and want everyone to have a great experience at our establishment . The pasta is homemade on a daily basis at Annabella's being Italian you would probably be familiar will the texture of a homemade noodle as it is a bit different that a boxed noodle. I am not sure what the problem seemed to be with your pasta or if the kitchen was made aware of this issue. I can say that people truly enjoy the homemade pasta and that it is even bought quite often by customers for them to prepare at home. All of our salads are made fresh to order as well are the dressings with the caesar being one of the most popular.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We live in an area with many great Italian places to eat and I was hoping to duplicate that while on our vacation. My first suggestion for them is to improve their bread- it was cold and boring supermarket style Italian. My second suggestion would be to include a small house salad with a house dressing with all entrees. The atmosphere and staff were all fine and the service was quick. They sell a few homemade bakery items inside the front door and the ones we purchased were good.

We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your visit to our establishment as we do strive to please each and everyone of our customers as it is very important to us that everyone leaves happy. I do want to stress that our Chicken Parmesan is made with 2 fresh pounded Chicken Breast never have Chicken Tenders went out in that dish and we also use fresh Clams brought in from the local Seafood company. We try to keep the menu in everyone's price range with pizza starting at $6 and entrees at $10 and the most expensive is $21 which we only have 2 items over $20 on our menu. The Chicken Parmesan is $16 and the Clams $17.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good food is just hard to find in Lewis. My point is proven at Annabella's. One of my resturant 'irks' is water stained ceiling tiles that dot the ceiling here like a mosaic. There was a baby loudly crying in kitchen. The sour dough bread was hard, dry and tasteless. My partner had the chicken parmesan which was chicken tenders cover in tomato sauce. My clams with fetuicinni was bland and the clams were chewy. Worst of all we had to stare at an empty table of twelve covered with dirty dishes for the entire meal. All of this cuisine was not cheap for $50 for two without any alcoholic beverages

2  Thank sscott1234
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Annabella's on a Monday night in August. It was not crowded and the service was good. I had Mare E Monte ($20) and he had Porcini Pappardelle ($17). We also had a Caprese salad of tomato and mozzarella. The tomatoes seem hard and not ripe enough with very little basil, too much balsalmic and not enough olive oil. The Porcini had no flavor. The beef was tender, but the sauce tasted like warm milk. He only ate the beef. My dish had a nice portion of seafood and chicken, but was very bland. We were seated at a table for two in the center of the room. There were table against the wall which would have been preferred and since it wasn't crowded a four top would have given us more room.

1  Thank sunloverDE