“Valentines let down!”

Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Terrible service overall!!! I set my reservation 10 days in advance, accepted a later time as long as I could get an out of the way nice table. Instead we were seated in the middle of a narrow, busy room. When I politely requested another table I was rudely informed by the Host that none were available. In this economy can a business afford to treat customers this way?....apparently Buttery thinks it acceptable. That's it for me, too many other choices.

1  Thank lcattoo

Reviewed October 31, 2008

The Buttery although with an excellent dining atmosphere has recently greatly diminished in both the quality of its food and service. We understand that there has been a change in chefs. However the change hasn't been for the better. Additionally the service has also seem to be less than one would expect from a restaurant that has always been noted for it's excellent service. It occurs to us that some of the wait staff needs to be trained better.

2  Thank RehobothWings
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Our lunch at The Buttery turned an afternoon of walking the town of Lewes (very nice) into something really special. After perusing the menu outside we decided to go in despite the high prices. It turned out to be worth every dollar!. My husband's seafood chowder was superb and my chicken salad on a crispy baguette was excellent. The side of rice pilaf with pears and walnuts was different and delicious. Then---the desserts! The lemon tart was beautiful, tangy, and a lemon-lovers delight. The tiramisu was a picture and my husband found it excellent. The server was prompt, attentive, and even offered some info on an interesting place to visit nearby. Our table for two by the front window was perfect. This is a place I would definitely go to again.

2  Thank Finallyacruiser
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 12, 2008

superb service and menu. don't miss the sunday brunch.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 31, 2008

OVER-RATED! Food was boring and over priced. Atmosphere was stuffy and cold. Service was sub-par.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to The Buttery? Share your experiences!