“Relaxing, Very Enjoyable & Fantastic Happy Hour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Buttery

The Buttery
Ranked #11 of 88 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Relaxing, Very Enjoyable & Fantastic Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had lunch with a girlfriend the other day. I had the soup & crab cake sandwich; she had soup & a salad. What a wonderful lunch for the two of us. We sat on the porch and soaked in all the ambiance of the stellar restaurant. Our service was excellent, the food was fabulous, I can’t say enough good things about the Buttery. Each and every experience is enjoyable; especially the happy hours with Sam. That young man can make some of the best cocktails I’ve ever had; along with his knowledge of wine – it’s a weekly must do!

Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is the place great for happy hour. A lot of the locals know about it and make it a point to show up. The cocktails are amazing, the bartender was a joy as well. There are a great variety of food options that change frequently but never disappoint!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wilmington, Delaware
“Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stopped in to this quaint, but elegant restraunt to have a cocktail and maybe an appetizer. Well, after talking with the excellent bartender and sampling a simply perfect martini, we decided to make a reservation for another visit. On that return visit, we experienced outstanding service matched only by the quality and presentation of the meal. Delicious crabcakes along with a perfectly prepared tenderloin pared with a suggested wine created an excellent dining experience. We are already making plans for a return visit with ou friends.
Highly recommended.

Aston Pa
“Good Time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were at the Buttery on Saturday night for dinner. what a charming resturant. We sat on the porch and our waitress approached us with a smile. she introduced herself as Linda and said her partner was Tommy. She had some wonderful suggestions and two of us tookk her suggestions and very happy. This was our first visit and will return.

Frazer, Pennsylvania
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My future in-laws took us out to celebrate our engagement and right from the start our visit was disappointing. We were seated 'on the porch' which had plastic surrounding the entire area. It was very drafty. The seats were cast iron porch chairs and were very uncomfortable. Our waitress introduced herself as Linda, and said that Tommy would be her assistant. We ordered our wine and asked for ice and lemon. Linda never returned with it. She came back to take our order and I was the only one ordering the 3 course prix fix meal. We asked again for ice and lemon which she brought. She returned with my salad and couldn't remember who was supposed to get it (there were only 4 of us!). When it was time to bring my dessert I told her what I wanted and she didn't come back. When she came to our table with the bill my future father-in-law asked her if she forgot the cake. She said 'no, it will be right out'. We asked her for a cup of coffee. She came back with the cake about five minutes later and didn't bring the coffee. I asked if she forgot the coffee and she said she'd get it. A guy came to the table to refill our water and I asked if he was Tommy. He said no. Linda came back with our coffee. The first time we ever saw Tommy was when he came over to our table to refill our coffee with a stupid big smile on his face like he had done us a great service. I could tell my in-laws were unhappy with the experience. They wanted us to have a fantastic meal. The food was just 'good'; nothing to rave about. My future father-in-law was very unhappy with the seafood dish. We won't be going back, and I hope he didn't tip her 20%.

• 3 of 5 bubbles