“Classy brunch”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Classy brunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Often go there for brunch. This is an old world charm place. Interesting to walk around the building and admire the archetecture. Food is excellent; a "white table cloth" type of place. Not your typical beach dinning.

Visited June 2012

virginia
“Very good fare in Lewes”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

You should have a reservation, and this was a very nice restaurant for a romantic occasion, reminding us of the Villa Schratt in Bad Ischl, where his mistress entertained Kaiser Frans Josef. We also saw small family birthday celebrations. We asked before ordering and our waitress kept us from over-ordering. We split the pate plate, which is large and excellent, and each ordered a main course. My wife had the crab cakes, which were meaty and not the crumby ones served at many Delmarva eateries, and could not finish both. I had a special of the night, braised beef short ribs over polenta, and this was as perfect in taste and quantity as I can imagine. Desert offerings were very tempting and we shared a butterscotch shortbread treat. The bill with two glasses of Proseco was about 110, not cheap, but worth the price.

Visited May 2013
Finksburg, Maryland
“Fantastic Special Dinner”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We just had the best dinner at the Buttery! They seated us at the best table in the corner window. Three people had the $30 fixe prixe dinner that included soup or salad, entree and dessert. Two had the salmon and one had breast of duck. I had the beef tenderloin. All meals were wonderful and the service was excellent. And the blueberry martini was out of this world. Loved it all!

• Visited May 2013
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Service and Attitude!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The waiter was sloppy, arrogant and inefficient. He literally spilled soup on me, with no apology. The food was mediocre and very overpriced. The Maitre de was uninterested in my bad experience and told me to go elsewhere if I did not like it there. Believe me I will! I suggest that you do also.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JRW333
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Brunch at the Buttery”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

WIth a reservation (don't go without one), we had a lovely brunch at the crowded Buttery. Great coffee, pastry basket, fruit plate (could use a little sprucing up) and delicious entrees. We had the eggs benedict with spinach and crab and the crab nicoise salad. Service was quick, surprisingly so but the food came out hot and delicious.

• Visited May 2013