“On the Water”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is one of my favorite places to hangout! Great bar, scenic views, marina next to restaurant. Food is very good, love the deck bar! All ages, pet friendly, I would recommend this restaurant to my friends!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This has always been a favorite stop for us when we are in Lewes. It was a beautiful Sunday so we werent surprised it was especially busy at the pub. Luckily we didnt have to wait so that was a good start. We got a great seat outside overlooking the marina. Redds on tap was an added plus. We started with cerviche. One of our favorites but in this case a bit disappointed. Although lots of flavor there was little shrimp or crab. Basically a glorified salsa is what it was. I ordered the fish tacos which were tasty but I must say mine are better. I was expecting 3 small ones but got 2 which would have been plenty with a satisfying cerviche. Hubby got a crabcake which looked great and he claimed was decent but not the best he's had. Overall it was a good meal and good time to wrap up our weekend.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

If you're looking for a place close to Hotel Blue, this is it! Irish Eyes is an easy walk and can be lots of fun. Look for times when they have live music.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Ate there tonight (St. Patrick's Day Weekend). Thought the place would be having good specials for the Weekend.. Only green dye in Coors light or bud light. No special menu since they are "Irish" I guess. Just the same old bland stuff. Went with some friends. Some ordered the Irish offerings, like Sheperd's Pie--they hated it.. a blob of mash potatoes on some hamburger helper stuff. I ordered the Mussles w/sausage.. It was so salty and had an unopened mussel. (but it was offered as their unique dish). Did like my fried pickles, but nobody else liked pickles. The cold slaw was sloppy with too much milky stuff or whatever. The great crab and cheese appetizer in bread, was really only cheese and bread.. only found a spoonful of "crab mayo stuff". The oyster's of the half shell were mixed--my friend who order the 1/2 (6 oyster) got wonderful big plumpy oysters ( I wish I would have ordered that!) ... my other friend who order the whole dozen got little "twisted" oysters (he ordered that as his main meal). I guess I pissed him off when I said they probably give better oysters to 1/2 dozens.. and give the tiny one's for full dozens--but, he agreed. Well.. In my experience at seafood.. I was disappointed by mostly everything. I was not satisfied, nor my friends. My recommendation, it you want to enjoy this place then you must get drunk first, then the food won't be rememberable.. Sorry.. was expecting so much more.., especially on St. Patrick's Day Weekend.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Not much to say bad about this place. A wide open space with a large horseshoe bar, large dining area (also outdoor tables), great service and good food. Great for lunch on the canal. Walk on the dock. See the boats. Talk photos. Enjoy. A happy place and time every time I go there.

Been to Irish Eyes Pub & Restaurant? Share your experiences!