“Great bar, gross food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Rose and Crown
Ranked #24 of 88 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dewey Beach, Delaware
“Great bar, gross food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Not too thrilled about their food. The descriptions sound fabulous, but were awful! I've given it a try multiple times, no such luck! But at least the bar knows how to make drinks!

Visited August 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Service was good, convenient if staying at adjoining Hotel Rodney. Try the bacon burger...you will love it!

Visited August 2014
Oakton, Virginia
“Terrible Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Although the service was good, the food was not good. Not a lot of flavor and the selection was limited.

Visited July 2014
South Plainfield, New Jersey
“Worth a stop, pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

The pub is charming in the quaint town of lewes. The staff was attentive and friendly, we stopped in mid afternoon for a bite to eat. There were some locals at the bar and tourists eating. The place has a nice atmosphere, food was served at all the appropriate temperatures. For appetizers we had spinach and crab dip,and fries with olives and goat cheese. We also has the warm spinach salad along with a few cocktails.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Darla777
Maryland
“Very disappointing!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have been in this restaurant before as we live in the area. We decided to have an early dinner there last Friday after attending the "history happy hour" which they host on the premises. The waitress was pleasant and friendly. I ordered a salad--which was very good. My husband had the onion soup, which he thoroughly enjoyed. For dinner, my husband ordered the shepherd's pie. I inquired about the cod dinner. The waitress said it was a light summer dish. The accompanying ratatouille and fried green tomatoes made it sound like just want I was looking for that evening. When the entrees were brought to the table, there was a distinct odor of spoiled fish from my plate. I noticed, too, that the fish was almost raw. I could not believe that this dish was actually allowed to leave the kitchen and brought to the table! I immediately summoned the waitress, who took it away promptly and asked if I wanted something else. I decided to order the shepherd's pie, which my husband was enjoying. I watched as he ate his dinner. Then mine arrived, and he watched me eat my dinner. At no time did a manager appear to ask if perhaps we would like another glass of wine, or to apologize for this event. We ended our dinner-(-the waitress did apologize for the problem). We ordered coffee (charged for that, of course), and received the bill. No consideration was offered for this really bad dining experience. We paid the bill and left--and will never return to this restaurant. This situation was handled remarkably poorly. Wonder if the management considers that, as locals, we will talk about this experience to at least 10 other people--and so on, and so on. Mistakes happen--and this was a bad one. I can still smell that spoiled cod--yuck!! When such a problem occurs, the best way for a restaurant to handle such a matter is promptly and completely. Perhaps the manager thought we were tourists and would not be in the area again. He was wrong. A bad, bad time at the Rose and Crown that evening!

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Rose and Crown? Share your experiences!