“Disrespectful businesses”

Nassau Valley Vineyards
Ranked #15 of 52 things to do in Lewes
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

It takes a certain type of person to deal with the public.......it takes a certain sense of respect and customer service.....it takes a certain level of morals and character. Without these things you cannot make a business prosper. The business becomes stagnant....and just makes due with clientele they already have.
It amazes me that Nassau Valley Vineyards has been in business for as long as it has with the disrespect shown by their owner Peggy. Before attending this establishment I have heard nothing but good things about this business as well as their eclectic owner. This owner is not a professional woman. She is extremely disorganized and does not work with you on planning events. She is next to impossible to get in touch with.....something as simple as returning my 6 phone calls....seems hard to achieve for this woman. As a mother of a bride I am extremely stressed as it is and Peggy does not help relieve this stress in the very least. I will no longer be recommending this business to anyone.

4  Thank beachtan_sun63
"corked"
"delaware"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

It amazes me the lack of attention this establishment seems to recieve. The outside of the buildings on site are very nice with a rustic theme to them.
But I have never been more appalled....and just overall disgusted with how the inside of their retail room looks. The "walk through tour" is not only completely outdated and far from modern....it lacks any credibility to the actual business I am visiting. The displays on the tour have NOTHING to do with Nassau Valley Vineyards. You would think the tour was about the vineyard you are visiting.....With a few wine facts here and there. Not have a tour about items completely unrelated.
This business has alot of work to do on the inside. ....they could start by not serving me my wine overtop of stacks of paper. And make their retail room something with class....Instead of a junked up closet.

3  Thank maryphillips45
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nassau Valley Vineyards has been advertised all around southern Delaware and a little upstate as Delaware's AWARD WINNING and first Vineyard. You would think with such advertising they would present themselves in a better way.
My Daughter had her wedding out there and although the buildings were decorated nicely the woman who was "in-charge", her name is Peggy, was very flustered and seemed to be disorganized. My daughter had her wedding booked for months with Nassau Valley Vineyards....and to be running around cleaning the bathrooms and I believe she was leaf blowing...hours before my daughter walks down the isle is unacceptable. We paid a lot of money for this place.
These "maintenance" tasks should have been done before hand. We had guests showing up and the woman was still cleaning.
Nassau Valley Vineyards is a nice Vineyard but they truly lack in Presentation and Organization.
If they work on that this could be a wonderful attraction for Southern Delaware.

4  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am from upstate Delaware. Ive heard this Winery was great...needless to say it was not what I expected. Their retail room looks like a junked up closet. There are piles upon piles of paper and boxes thrown everywhere. And where the register is located they have tons of little pieces of paper simply taped to the wall.. EXTREMELY unprofessional to say the least.
The woman working at the counter was very kind but needed help because there was myself and 4 other people in the room waiting to taste and purchase. There was another woman but she left, I believe her name was Peggy?
Long story short I'm not going back. The retail room was cluttered, not clean. and my wine was served to me overtop of stacks of paper. This is ridiculous to be served this way especially at a winery that is advertised as award winning.
I would not recommend this winery to anyone. Presentation and First Impressions are everything...both of which Nassau Valley Vineyards lacks.

4  Thank Catherine W