“A little taste of London”
Review of Go Brit

Go Brit
Ranked #21 of 89 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: British
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife has been to London quite a few times and told me that Go Brit's food was very comparable to that she had whilst in the UK. I went to the Go Brit close to the beach. It was a bit tight (small restaurant) but the service was extraordinary and the food, well...if you like fish and chips, GO!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Visited here again against my better judgement only because a friend wanted to try it and we were practically next door and did not want to go into Rehoboth to the Go Fish - first disappointment was they were out of mushy peas to go with the fish and chips, second disappointment was when I ordered hot tea and asked for milk, was told they only had half and half- I must have forgotten that from my last visit- Brits do not take cream with their tea! So I had water instead- the water from the soda machine tasted awful- undrinkable. The fish was nowhere near as good as the fish at the go Fish restaurant- sort of limp and not as crispily battered. And to top it off I ate my meal while looking at a dumpster outside of the window- will NOt go back even if a friend tries to talk me into it! Waste of money.

1  Thank aremac
Reviewed July 12, 2014

First time here while on a one day beach trip. Place was empty on a Sunday Afternoon. My wife order the standard fish and chips for 10.95 and I ordered a fish and Caesar salad for same price. Fries are not made in house ,bought from a distributor and they were kind of rectangular with very little flavor. You would think a place specializing in Fish and chips would be making their own. The Fish was a nice size 8oz fillet of Alaskan Pollock. for 10.95 I think one deserves two fillets. My Caesar salad beneath the fish was good with just the right amount of dressing. Fish was fresh and crispy. Fountain drinks were 1.95 each for 16oz with refills. Tartar sauce was average. They serve other traditional British fare there too but its not a pub but more of a fast food place.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

If you're craving fried fish, Go Brit will satisfy. The large portion of fish is crispy and tasty. The meals run from $10-$20 depending on what you order. I prefer to have my fried fish with a salad, so its at least somewhat healthy. The atmosphere is casual with booths, tables, and cute british decor.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This time we got fried clams, a soft crab sandwich with coleslaw, caesar salad, and clam chowder. All items were very good. The clams were a tad overcooked, but sometimes fried is fried. The clam chowder is thick and rich and flavorful with little chunks of clam throughout. I would definitely order it again. I have tried many New England chowders, and for me, the thicker, the better. Go Brit's chowder delivers. The soft crab sandwich on their wonderful roll was also very good . This was our fifth trip to Go Brit, and I have not been disappointed yet.

Been to Go Brit? Share your experiences!