“Good British fish & chips”
Review of Go Brit

Go Brit
Ranked #21 of 89 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: British
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch on a weekend trip. Food was excellent, but a bit pricey - must be charging in pounds. Service was great, atmosphere nice. Didn't have a Tardis so I guess the Doctor was in London. Reccommend to try it. Would go back if I am ever in Lewes again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We've lived in the US for over 30 years and it is a delight to find fish and chips made as we remember in the UK. The fish itself is a delicious and large portion and the chips are great too. My husband commented on the fact that this is a "real" piece of fish and not something put together. The batter is wonderfully light and crispy too. The waitress advised our group of 5 on the best way to order, which saved us some money and filled us up too. We really appreciated that. We go to Lewes once a year and will make sure to eat here again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were looking for a great "fish-n-chips" pace and we stumbled upon a gem! Meals filled up a famished family with a big teenager. The fish was perfectly cooked, the fries were amazing, the cole slaw was tasty, the atmosphere was fun and the service was friendly & polite. We'll be going back when we visit the beach again!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were doing a little shopping at the outlets and noticed this little place up the highway a bit, so we stopped in around 5:00 p.m. (a Saturday). The place was clean and the decor was cute. I loved the tiny car in the corner and the red phone booths on the doors. There were many "British" options on the menu, but we ordered fish sandwiches. These came with "chips" (fries) or coleslaw. I thought I had had good fish and chips when Arthur Treachers was in this area, but this fish was much, much better, in fact it was the best fried fish I can remember putting in my mouth. The piece of fish was large and the batter was light and crispy, and the fish was perfectly cooked inside. This was a real piece of fish, not some amalgamate of fish flakes. It was not greasy at all but tender and flaky. The coleslaw was obviously freshly made. (It's hard to find truly good, fresh coleslaw. Some restaurants think they can slap some old coleslaw on a plate and call it a "side". I think it's an indication of the pride a place takes in their food, to pay attention to something that seems unimportant....but that's just me.) The roll for the sandwich was wonderful, and the lettuce and tomato were very fresh. If you like it, there is tartar sauce on the side that also tasted freshly made. For dessert, don't miss the fried cheesecake. We shared a slice, which had the same beautiful batter around it, a little raspberry sauce, and a dollop of whipped cream..yum. They also had key lime pie and sticky toffee pudding that we didn't get to try because we were stuffed. Give this place a try. You won't regret it.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We visited during a brief visit to Lewes, Delaware. The fish was wonderful. Very hot crispy beer battered fish reminiscent of previous visits to authentic fish and chip restaurants. We are moving to the area soon and will make this a regular stop.

Been to Go Brit? Share your experiences!