All reviews within walking distance big fish tank ping pong table lewes beach pub next door nice pool four seasons bike rental short walk nice size front desk staff nice place to stay common areas great town pull out sofa spacious rooms memorial day weekend
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2019

I traveled to Lewes for a sailing regatta. The Beacon was the perfect place to stay. Spacious rooms, immaculately clean. Very friendly staff. Good pub next door. And thank you Maggie for answering my call when I came back this morning at 4 after checking out to look for the item I thought I left in my room - I found it!

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019

I am not sure Lewes has a 4 or 5 star hotel - B&Bs may be, but other lodging is not. That being said, this limited service motel is nice enough. Rooms are spacious and I liked the vibrant colors of the bedspread and curtains. AC was fine, fridge was older but it worked fine. Lewes is a cute beach town with many restaurants and shops in a small walkable place. It is close to Rehoboth and Dewey, but you have to drive to get there. Beacon Motel is a long walk to Lewes beach (small waves as it is on the bay, not the ocean), but there are bicycles and it is a short bike ride. Lewes harbor is within walking distance; there are restaurants and head boats. Staff is friendly. Motel is clean. The only reason I didn't rate it higher is that it is not a luxury property, therefore it is average. That being said, I doubt anyone would be disappointed if they stayed here. There is a nice pool, but we didn't use it. There is a classic lobby, no in room coffee, no breakfast on property.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

The Beacon is so convenient to the beach & a shopping area & restaurants. They are all within walking distance. The rooms are clean and Karen was accommodating when asked for anything needed for the room. The front desk staff are all friendly & very helpful. The lobby has lots of comfortable seating with books in one area and a big fish tank in another. The second floor had a game area with a ping pong table and a rooftop pool. We’ve stayed here before and will definitely do so again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

Very quaint place close to the beach. Has a table tennis stall and pool ! Will definitely come back. Although it doesn't have a restaurant, great spots nearby including free coffee and tea and lots of free ice.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

Family friendly hotel. Amazingly hospitable front desk staff (Jane) at check in. Front desk team in the morning was just as friendly. The roof top pool was crystal clear. The room was comfortable and clean, but it may be time for new mattresses. The lobby is very nice with a salt water tank that was enjoyed by my son and other children staying there. Close to bike rental, the Lewes bay beach and The great town of Lewes. I would definitely go back. I wish they offered breakfast in the morning, but I guess that would make it a hotel instead of a motel.

Trip type: Traveled with family