Hotel Blue
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Anchorage Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsice bucketkoi pondgas fireplacewalking distancecoffee machine in the lobbydouble sinksgourmet coffeefrench doorsboutique hotelone bedroom suitebottle of champagneoff seasonlarge bathroomacross the bridgewater pressuredowntown lewesbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2013

For anyone wanting to experience the quiet beauty of Lewes scenic town and surroundings, fun at the beach, wonderful restaurants, boat tours and more - I suggest a stay at Hotel Blue. The folks who operate this very modern boutique hotel are most friendly and accommodating. It is geared to the adult traveler and is quiet and most comfortable with balconies overlooking the marina, fireplaces, and as roomy as a small condo - at least Toronto style. Check it out - you won't be disappointed.

Pat Flynn

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed in a Studio with a fireplace. It was perfect for one person. The room was spacious with a comfortable couch, arm chair and dining table. The furniture was stylish and the colors were warm. I enjoyed the small patio too. there's a roof-top pool with a large number of loungers for relaxing. You are a short walk from Downtown Lewes, a short drive to the Lewes Ferry and Cape Henlopen State Park. I'll definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank QueenLoneWolf
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Blue several times over the past 5 years. It is the perfect location for my husband and I to get away and spend quality time together. The suites and bathrooms are spacious/clean and the staff are attentive to our desires and needs. The quaint small town of Lewes with its specialty shops, restaurants and water surrounds you. I also have had the pleasure of staying in their handicapped accessible suite with my father who was wheelchair bound and it was a very enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend Hotel Blue to anyone visiting the Rehobeth area or just desiring a wonderful retreat.

Room Tip: I would recommend you get a water side room as high as possible so you have the view...fabulous
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ttradford
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a stay at the Hotel Blue. The hotel is beautiful, clean and modern, and our corner (tower) room was bright and cheery. The furnishings were very nice and the glass sink bowls under-lit with blue lights were, of course, very attractive. The glowing ice bucket changed colors, too. We were shocked and surprised by the look of the room when we walked it. It was just beautiful. The bed was off to one side by the windows and the sitting area had sofa, chair and ottoman that were all very comfortable. I, like some others reviewing here, prefer a softer bed or at least a firm mattress with a soft, pillow-top, but I slept well enough. The pillows were very nice and although I brought my own because I have neck problems, I ended up being able to use the ones provided. The only other minor thing was the shower head, which worked well enough but was a basic type that shot thicker streams of water out rather than a fine spray as in most upscale hotels. That's kind of a picky point, but others have noted it as well. The management seems to stay on top of things so I feel pretty confident they will upgrade the shower heads at some point now that they've been advised about t.
We walked to Lewes, a short walk over the bridge and ate at the Buttery, which has a great porch and very good food. It's pricey but if you're looking for a nice experience, that's the place to go. We had the sandwiches at Touch of Italy, a market and restaurant on the corner of Second Street...We're Italian and we know a good sandwich when we bit into it...simply delicious on their large, home made semolina roll and not bad price at 9.99 each. We each took half back to the room and stashed it in the refrigerator for the next day's lunch.
It's a short drive to Rehoboth Beach, where there are many shops and a large, free beach as well.
The Hotel staff were great. Jim and Brian were the two we saw the most and they were very pleasant and helpful in recommending restaurants and giving directions.
The room had a small refrigerator, a separate wine-cooler refrigerator and a microwave, as well as a coffee maker. From our balcony we could see the boats in the canal. I did walk down one day to see about taking the water taxi down the canal to Rehoboth but no one was there and I had to call a posted number and was told that taxi service wasn't available every day, so I'm not sure how much you can count on that. They do schedule trips to see other things but it didn't work as I expected a water taxi to do. The sign didn't tell me anything.
We didn't get a chance to try JD's place or Gilligans, both of which were recommended by several people. Gilligan's is said to have the best crab cakes. The crab cakes I had at the Buttery were great, as well.
Parking at the hotel was no problem and the room was very quiet, even in the mornings when you can usually hear people moving around in most hotels. We were on the top floor, which may account for some of the silence.
The rooftop pool and sitting area were just through a door and up a few steps from the hallway outside our room and is a nice spot to sit and relax. The pool is small, but it's a pool and the chairs and umbrellas were sufficient for the few guests we saw up there. Staff keeps towels up there and everything looked clean and well kept.
We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Blue. Now if they could move it to the beach, so I could watch the waves from my balcony, it would be perfect. But Lewes is a nice little beach town with a lot of history and good ice cream, btw. We highly recommend Hotel Blue and its staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clark1950
Reviewed August 12, 2013

if you are staying in Lewes. It is clean nicely appointed and it is an easy walk over the bridge to town and all the great restaurants. I would suggest they put mats in shower because it was incredibly slippery. The "blue" thing was kind of cool but the fountain with the blue water by the pool reminded me of the stuff you put in a porta potty. They was a color changing ice bucket and a corkscrew which is nice, but no wine glasses. It is definitely above average for the beach and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple