“Excellent Experience”

Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewes
Reviewed June 10, 2010

After a long drive to the beach with my husband and our 14 months old son, we were welcome very nicely and were able to get our room before check-in time. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean, smelled good, and was very well kept. The pool was heated nicely and clean. The complementary breakfast was outstanding as well. The location is perfect too since it's so close to the outlets, restaurants, and the beach. We loved it and will certainly come back soon. Thank you so much for your ecxellent service and for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank preciositta13
sleepinnlewes, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

We loved having you and your family stay with us! Thank you for the great review and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2010

The staff was nice and the lobby has a fresh welcoming feel so that was nice. My Fiance and I also LOVED how close this hotel is to Rehoboth Beach and the Outlets. Our room was Rm 123 on the first floor and it was just Okay. It smelled a little old and though the rooms have been renovated we noticed a little rust throughout the room. Unfortunately our room did not have the full size private bath, but it was split with the sink on the outside beside the bed and the shower and toilet behind a sliding door. As we were leaving I peeped into the rooms being cleaned and they were much better than our room! I almost felt cheated :(. The other rooms were larger w/ private baths which is always great for a lady like myself who likes privacy. The breakfast was decent and very basic and the walls are pretty thin so beware light sleepers. All in All this hotel was Okay and I would stay there again and request a nicer room, hopefully they will oblige.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheTravelingBeauty

We do want to make your stay perfect, so let us know when you stay again exactly the type of room that you would like. Our rooms are newly renovated so we are sure you will be happy!

Reviewed May 24, 2010

Betty Barnes, who is in charge of the complimentary breakfast, does an outstanding job. I was amazed at the variety of items that was available for the guests to choose from. The hotel is very clean and the staff friendly and helpful.

Especially appreciated the comfy beds and extra pillows!

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank joan027

We are very pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast! Hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2010

I was traveling with my elderly parents. Amanda who was working the front desk was so helpful in assisting me with my particular needs. I asked her a million questions and every time she was very courteous and professional. I appreciated her patience and kindness in dealing with me as I was stressed having driven from FL. In the several times I inquired at the front desk if Amanda was unavailable then Michele jumped up to see if she could do anything. I found both of them a pleasure to deal with. I would also like to mention that the state of the rooms was outstanding. Everything you could ever dream of needing is in the room. The shower area was immaculate. One could perform surgery in there if necessary its so clean.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JLO34433

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We always want our guests to feel special!

Reviewed April 6, 2010

Sleep Inn & Suites Lewes (in the Rehoboth Area) was extremely clean and comfortable. There were so many amenities that made our stay very enjoyable. The staff were friendly and helpful. I do not have a single negative thing to say about this hotel! We were able to bring our toy poodle, since this is a pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jewelrygirl41
sleepinnlewes, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

We are so happy to have accommodated you on your stay and are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future, have a awesome year.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

We were in the area because my father-in-law had a stroke while visiting the area. We saw this hotel on our way to the hospital and decided to reserve a room. While at the hospital, we were informed that my mother-in-law did not have a room to stay in and under the circumstances she really wanted to be in the same hotel that we were staying in. When we got back to the hotel, we were told that they did not have another room available. We checked in anyway, but we were trying to figure out what to do...mind you we are dealing with a family emergency. We were in the room for approximately 20 minutes and decided we just couldn't stay because my mother-in-law really needed to be in the same hotel as us. We were told that we would have to pay the full amount...not what I wanted to hear. Since there were many events going on in town, I am sure they rented the room to someone else (we checked in around 6:00 and checked back out around 6:20...plenty of time for the room to be rerented). So...this hotel received 100% profit on our misfortune. Since they do not have a night time manager on duty (strange....I have never been to a hotel that had no manager on duty), I called to resolve the issue when I got back to my home. The manager assured me that a refund was out of the question. When I asked if the room had been rerented she told me that she didn't know. Also, when I returned home, I found that the hotel had not only preauthorized the funds for the one night we were staying, but also preauthorized another $440.00 in hotel charges. If we were running on a tight budget, this could have been catastrophic for the weekend. I am completely blown away with the lack of customer service and empathy this hotel has to offer. I hope the owner is completely satisfied with Michele Hostedler's behavior and both of them can sleep at night knowing they routinely screw people over for money.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank MadinVa
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The hotel was decorated nicely and it was a convenient location, Staff was helpful and polite. The continental breakfest was decent. However, when we arrived for our two night stay, there was hair in the shower, and housekeeping did not clean the shower the next morning. Also, they did not clean in general the next morning nor did they give us new towels when they took our old ones. The bed was not made properly and I wound up adjusting the bedskirt so it would look nice for us. Also, there was a light switch by the door that did not seem to be attached to anything or turn anything on. The couple next door was not loud, but due to poor insulation, we could hear the couple next door talking and engaging in intimate relations. The front desk gave us $20 off our stay to compensate but that did not make up for a lack of service.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jme0598
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewes
Heritage Inn
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#16 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Inn at Canal Square
Inn at Canal Square
#1 of 7 in Lewes

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area? Share your experiences!