“Good, even if stuck in the '80's!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lewes
Eastern Shore, MD
“Good, even if stuck in the '80's!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2007

We booked this hotel for a quick overnight away for our anniversary. (We only live about an hour and 15 minutes away.) We literally booked a suite with jacuzzi just minutes before going, when Grandma said she could keep the kids:o)

Our room was ready by the time we got there. It appeared to be clean, but the thing that was surprising was the size of the suite! Bigger than our living room (ok, our living room is not big, but still). The bed was on the left when walking in, and in the middle was the TV and all the way to the right was smaller sofa with coffee and end tables around it. It appeared to be a sleeper sofa. The bathroom was also huge, and had a large jacuzzi tub. Also in the room was a small fridge, sink, and I think even a microwave. The size of the room was above adequate.

However, the room was still decorated from what seemed to be about 15-20 years ago. The glaring item was the box fluorescent light above the bed. Ugh. Overall, there was not a whole lot of attractive decoration, and the tiles and such in the bathroom were a little outdated, but that was ok in this case since we weren't expecting luxury. One interesting thing was, on the morning we were checking out, we were getting ready and gathering all of our items in the room. Without even knocking, the maid just walked in! She didn't even knock. Thank goodness we were actually just standing there, almost ready to go...

By the way, I believe there was breakfast, but just continental things like pastries & such. We went across the road to Bob Evans since DH wanted pancakes. The hotel is also sort of diagonally across from the 3rd section of the Rehobeth Outlets.

It's a decent hotel if you need a reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank iwannatravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2006

We only stayed one night and there were no problems except the bathroom was too dark. We booked the room through Expedia and for some reason they gave us a handicapped room. It was no problem for us, but it would have been a shame if someone else NEEDED it and they had already given it to us. This hotel is very convenient to the Lewes-Cape May Ferry and the Tanger Outlets and oodles of other shopping and restaurants.

• Liked — Very very clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Prepare to be surprised with a great room for very reasonable price
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank SissiGirl
Allentown, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2006

My mother and I stay at the Sleep Inn in Lewes, DE for a long weekend. The hotel was exceptionally clean and well kept. They say the hotel allows pets, but we did not hear or see any pets in the place. The pool is on the smaller side and was really cold, but the ocean is so close that you don't really need the pool. Great location...close to the Rehoboth Beach outlets and the beach! I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed August 2006
5 Thank SadieBug1980
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2006

I stayed at Sleep Inn for a shopping weekend and could not have been more pleased with the accommodations. The room was very clean and everyone working there was friendly and helpful. I chose Sleep Inn because they are pet friendly but I found a dog-sitter for the weekend so I did not bring my pet. Next time I bring my pet.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2005

This hotel was great for the money! You will need a car to get to the beaches and shopping in Rehoboth, but the cleanliness and cost more than made up for it. Very nice continental breakfast.... had everything from french toast to fresh fruit. Much better than expected!

• Stayed July 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2004

I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites and had the complete opposite experience of a review I read on this forum. I was there in early October for the "Greyhounds Reach the Beach" in nearby Dewey.

I was very nervous about staying at the hotel due to the disgusting review I read, but since a friend made the reservation I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I brought my own linens and was expecting to be completely grossed out. I was pleasantly surprised! The room was great. The hotel was very clean and neat, as was my room (happily there was a microwave oven and refrigerator in the room). They accommodated our dogs (greyhounds) and the desk clerks and housekeepers were all very friendly and helpful. Each morning there was a nice continental breakfast - but it's more than the typical with a selection of cereals, English muffins, toast, bagels, hardboiled eggs, fruit, juices, etc. The location is very convenient to everything - shopping on the main strip and then just a 10 minute ride to Rehoboth or Dewey (a car is necessary to stay in that area!!).

I would recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2004

My husband and I recently traveled to Lewes, DE with my in-laws. I booked my hotel reservations on line and choose the Sleep Inn & Suites due to the fact that their website indicated that they were the newest and nicest hotel in Lewes.
The rooms were filthy including feces on the bathroom wall. The bathroom door was broken and did not close completely this was brought to their attention several times and we were assured it would be fixed, it was not. The shower stall had mold on the door, the mirrors had "something" on them and the maid did not clean the room, only made the beds and left towels. When we asked for more towels we were told to "come back later", when we asked for more pillows we were told to "go to the front desk". All of the employees were extremely rude. Don't waste your money on this hotel, you are better off staying in a cheap hotel!

26 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewes
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
#10 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#14 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Inn at Canal Square
Inn at Canal Square
#2 of 7 in Lewes
Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach
Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Bea...
#15 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area? Share your experiences!