We were in the area because my father-in-law had a stroke while visiting the area. We saw this hotel on our way to the hospital and decided to reserve a room. While at the hospital, we were informed that my mother-in-law did not have a room to stay in and under the circumstances she really wanted to be in the same hotel that we were staying in. When we got back to the hotel, we were told that they did not have another room available. We checked in anyway, but we were trying to figure out what to do...mind you we are dealing with a family emergency. We were in the room for approximately 20 minutes and decided we just couldn't stay because my mother-in-law really needed to be in the same hotel as us. We were told that we would have to pay the full amount...not what I wanted to hear. Since there were many events going on in town, I am sure they rented the room to someone else (we checked in around 6:00 and checked back out around 6:20...plenty of time for the room to be rerented). So...this hotel received 100% profit on our misfortune. Since they do not have a night time manager on duty (strange....I have never been to a hotel that had no manager on duty), I called to resolve the issue when I got back to my home. The manager assured me that a refund was out of the question. When I asked if the room had been rerented she told me that she didn't know. Also, when I returned home, I found that the hotel had not only preauthorized the funds for the one night we were staying, but also preauthorized another $440.00 in hotel charges. If we were running on a tight budget, this could have been catastrophic for the weekend. I am completely blown away with the lack of customer service and empathy this hotel has to offer. I hope the owner is completely satisfied with Michele Hostedler's behavior and both of them can sleep at night knowing they routinely screw people over for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sleep Inn & Suites® Rehoboth Beach Area is centrally located in the heart of a variety of Delaware beach attractions, including historic downtown Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach and Bethany Beach. Several restaurants, amusements, and retail shops are located within walking distance.Best of all, the Sleep Inn is just 1 mile from 140 tax-free shops in the Tanger Outlets. Hotel features and amenities include:Free Morning Medley Hot Breakfast and free coffee, Free local calls, Free high-speed Internet access, WIFI Lobby with Workstations, Family Home Theater where you can rent movies, Basketball, Outdoor heated pool and splash pool with water activities! Offering a variety of room types to suite our guests needs such as standard king, double, suites with sofa bed, two room king suites and sweetheart suites with jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn And Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
- Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area Hotel Lewes
- Sleep Inn Lewes
- Lewes Sleep Inn