“Conveniently Located”

Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lewes
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My 14yo son, 8yo daughter and I stayed here one night before we checked into a different hotel the rest of the baseball team selected for a tournament at Sports at the Beach. This hotel was more conveniently located than the other we stayed at. Close to Lewes Beach, far enough from Rehoboth to avoid some of that traffic. The room was clean, the outdoor pool was clean and adequate, although not overly large. We were very pleased with our stay and we woul ddefinitely return if in the area again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at your hotel and was greeted with a smile and warm conversation. The check in was fast and friendly. I asked the gentleman about any recommendations for nice places to hold a business meeting with some colleagues, he then suggested a few restaurants that he liked and said they would be perfect for my dinner meeting. I took one of his recommendations and he was right on the money with 1776 it was close to the hotel and the night went perfect. The hotel was clean and I slept wonderful. I was hoping to spend the day at the pool, however, the pool was overrun with people so I didn't get to enjoy it. Checking out was fast. All and all everything went well, could do with out one of the house maid cursing on their phones. I will be coming back hopefully to use that pool. Thanks for the perfect restaurant suggestion it really was great and we all was impressed.

Room Tip: Try to book a room facing the water park it is the only view not that there is a lot to see by the l...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sandi w
Sophia K, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the high level of hospitality we provide. We do apologize that you were disappointed with one of our staff members. We have addressed this issue to ensure this does not happen again. We hope that in the future when visiting the area you will allow us to accomodate your lodging needs.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here for its proximity to Lewes and the availability during 4th of July. Its right on the main road so dont expect a lovely view of anything but Rehobeth beach traffic. Upon checking in the front desk staff looked like he could care less to see us. He was openly complaining he had just come back from vacation "to all this mess". Not making me feel welcome. My room wasn't ready and he said just check back, and when I asked could they call my cell and let me know he just said -"Nope". So we hung out by the pool- which is excellent for toddlers-the biggest plus on what was a bad check in. It has a nice wading area with a baby slide and sprinklers that they liked better than the beach. When i finally was able to check in I asked for where we might get decent pizz to which he said "its all the same". Very awkward. Rooms was nice and big with a fridge and microwave but bedspreads had seen better times and not sure why they have not switched to duvets. I needed a rollaway so called the front and a nicer guy answered and said just call housekeeping.Hours later never I had not heard back so I called and got the unhappy front desk guy who was annoyed i wanted anything by his voice and he said we dont bring them to you you need to come downstairs and sign it out. Confusing. So i walked to the elevator and housekeeping was bringing it contrary to what he told me. Addtionally most housekeepers hung in the hall and clearly on personal calls on cell phones of which no family wants to hear. Fighting and shouting to who knows and it was uncomfortable. However the breakfast area was great in the am and the folks tending to that and the pool area were very sweet. Front desk and housekeeping need more work and polish. I know we are have problems but Im on vacation to forget mine not hear about theirs!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sophia K, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We strive for a high level of customer service and we apologize for the way your check in experience was handled. This situation has been brought up to management and improvements have been made immediately. We have equipped our front desk staff with information on local restaurants for future references to guests as well as a way to better serve our guests upon check in when the room is not ready. We are happy to hear that you did enjoy the outdoor pool. We are happy to report that we will be changing our bedspreads to brand new ones as early as July 29, 2013. We hope that you will allow us to accommodate your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Wife and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. The hotel was nice and clean, all the staff were friendly and accommodating, especially the front desk clerks Thom and Keith. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We ate at 1776 per Thom's referral and it was great, just like he said. This was our first time to the area and will be sure to book here next time we are in town. The only issue we had was the breakfast items need to be replenished sooner. Lots of people having breakfast at the same time and I didn't see anyone to replenish.
GREAT STAY OVERALL.

Room Tip: The King suite with the jaccuzi tub is wonderful!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sophia K, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for your positive review on the Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with visiting the area. A positive guest experience is exactly what we strive for! We are happy to see that our front desk staff was able to assist you with dining suggestions and accommodate your overall. We have made some adjustments to the breakfast to ensure that replenishing is not an issue in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night for my nephew's wedding. The room was clean, bathroom is very small, and for paying over $200 for the night (which was a discount rate) I certainly would not book this hotel for a vacation spot. It sits on a main highway, behind stores, the view we had was of neighborhood homes. There is no walking out and having a beach to enjoy, felt the price was totally to much.

Room Tip: If you are planning a vacation in Delaware and would like an oceanview room, this is not the place t...
1  Thank Alicyn13

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are located on Route One in Lewes less than 3 miles from Rehoboth Beach, however, we are situated in the heart of several restaurants and shops as well as the Tanger Outlets and Lewes Beach. We are sorry to hear that you were seeking a more beach front property, however we hope that you enjoyed your stay overall. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

As a regular business traveler to this area, I have been staying here since the hotels opening. The staff were always very friendly & treated you like an old friend. Recently the owner closed another of his hotels and transferred staff here from that location. The atmosphere at the hotel and moral of the original staff has suffered from this move! I believe the transferred employees dealt with a different clientele at their former job. People come to Lewes mainly for the beach attractions & a relaxed stay, which as a business traveler appealed to me after working all day. Now, the desk attitude seems cold & stoic. Guests now depend on other guests for restaurant reviews & guide to attractions, as the transferred staff only drives in & out for work & is unfamiliar with the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John E

Our value our guests feedback and we thank you for sharing with us your experience. We have recently added new team members to our staff which we are confident are experienced in the hospitality field. We have, however, taken your review into consideration and have made the necessary improvements so that our future guests will be ensured to experience a high level of customer service while staying at the Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Lewes, Delaware. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Upon checking in we immediately had to deal with the manager Thomas that was very rude to my mother in law. We had come early to see if any rooms might be ready. Before my mom was able to get to the desk to ask, Thomas yelled out to her that they did not have any rooms ready. Not welcome to Sleep Inn, not please feel free to use the pool or wait in the lobby. None of that. At first I was upset as I took it personally that someone would treat my mother this way but then I realized he was talking to everyone that way. Which of course made it worse. Each time we would approach the front desk he would disappear into the back or answer us curtly as if we were bothering him.

It's actually really sad because the rest of the staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful. Thomas, the horrible Manager, was the ONLY sore spot for our hotel stay. I sure hope he's gone by the time we return next year.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We take great pride in listening to our guests feedback. The situation discussed in your review has been addressed appropriately to ensure that this does not happen again. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we apologize for your dissatisfaction during your stay. If you would like to discuss this with us further, please contact Monica Anderson at 302 645 6464. We hope you accept our apologies and will allow us to accommodate your lodging needs in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewes
Heritage Inn
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#17 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hotel Blue
Hotel Blue
#2 of 7 in Lewes

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area? Share your experiences!